Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

An Alpaca

07-29-2013

What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?

Being able to 1v1 most champions in the game, and 1v2 or 1v3 if you're fed enough.

What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?

Being kited all day.

What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?

Don't know, I've rarely seen a Skarner that builds in such a way that he actually does damage (Besides myself of course).

Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?

If you think he's an initiator, most Champions with a gap closer do his job better. If you think he's an ap caster, most do his job better. If you build him hybrid tank, he's pretty solid.

TwoPacalypse

07-29-2013

I really liked Skarner, he was a total instabuy for me right when he came out. He is one of the only champs that i liked to play in the jungle. In S2, the only things he had problems with were not having an e, and ult wonky-ness. Riot has sort fo fixed the way the ult works now, but its in a position where it jsut causes wasted ganks (i.e. i ult, they flash, ult doesnt go on cooldown but i might have wasted my flash as well)

Edit: answers to the actual questions lol.

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
Flying out of the jungle and yanking people into death.
Spamming Q in teamfights.

• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?
Ult Fails.(people not only flashing out but getting out with jumps )
Mana Costs.
Item requirements (must build full tanky to do anything, but i have a spammable damage source)

• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?
Rarely played AGAINST skarner, but his ult is the only thing i've ever worried about.

• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?
Nautilus. It doesn't hurt as hard if naut fails a gank or wastes an ult, he has other tools.
J4.
Shen.
Nocturne.
All jungle champs that can hard initiate and wont explode.

From the perspective of skarner in the jungle:

1. I feel like the removal of heart of gold really hurt skarner.

2. For what he does, skarner's mana costs are really punishing.

3. It always feels really tough for him to get tanky at the right times.
3a. To be useful, you really have to focus on being tanky. This results in having no damage. (inconsistent with other junglers like J4, nautilus, and even rammus)

4. SKARNER DOESN'T HAVE AN E.
4a. no seriously. The only reason i take e is for the niche case of getting a kill with it at the last second.

5. The shield on W is worthless, which is a serious problem considering the move speed boost is only in effect while the shield is active. This results in situations where ganks can be stopped by a single Ez Q (this feels gross and bad)

6. His ultimate should actually impale the target, as in, stab them through their model (or, add this to the scorpion skin.)

There is my 2 cents!

TheExpertNoob

07-29-2013

*What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
the fact that he can abduct you with his ult
when there just out of range of your E or not knowing how to build him? AP or AD?
him with a red buff cant out run cause of his Q that come up every 2 sec
vi,WW, cause they both have alot of movement and there ult can suppress also they have an ability that can make them catch up to other WW w or Vi Q that can get closer while skarner w is on a long cooldown and hard to speed up if they flash also WW and Vi ult has kinda of a big radius compared to skarner which isnt that big

Postal Miku

07-29-2013

WOOOOO
YES

Skarner is FINALLY getting something
Its been a long year, but gosh

agbudar

07-29-2013

never played skarner and on paper he sounds nice this is my experience playing against him

lot of pretty effects that dont do much after mid game and his ult

yeah thats pretty much it never even noticed he had healing??

he does have a movespeed buff after observing him i noticed that

and a slow but many times he misses

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2013

Chasing someone down while mauling them with Q spam and Iceborn Gauntlet in the mid-late game.

His ultimate is anti-synergetic with most of his kit, and is almost completely worthless and unsatisfying if a teammate isn't around to make use of it.

Crystalline Exoskeleton is extremely important for damage but is broken effortlessly.

His early game in top lane is also on the risky and weak end.

Hasn't happened much, but probably the ultimate. Not really more frustrating than any other hard CC though.

I don't think so on the late mid to late game, but Udyr has a similar job and a stronger early game. Aside that, they have different tools for it.

Awahl

07-29-2013

1. I'd like to see him be able to spam Q's like Eve can in jungle. Their abilities are designed to be of a similar use (their spammy nature), but Skarner's is super mana hungry compared to Eve's. Maybe that is due to the CC on Skarner's Q?

2. I'd like to be able to catch someone with my Ulti without having to rely on flash almost every time. He has a speed boost, but in today's LoL that is trumped by most dashes/gap closers/flash. Even with a Shurelia's. Unless they are already CC'd you pretty much HAVE to use flash to get a good ulti.

3. I'd like to see him get better ratios. All around. Both AD and AP. His only ranged harass is a pitifully short skill shot that does meh damage even when maxed first.

4. I'd like to see his Ulti not go on CD when it is flashed.

ICarry

07-29-2013

The most aspect of Skarner is probably spamming his crystal slash, doing respectable damage with a permaslow.
The most frustrating thing that happens to me as Skarner is your shield getting instantly destroyed and all the stats given going to waste.
I have not played much against Skarner but i can probably say it is the endless slows on crystal slash along with his high movement speed with his shield making it hard to run from him.
Udyr, from more reliable steroids, to more reliable CC and higher damage, Udyr does much of what skarner does better.

Vegas Dad

07-29-2013

Pretty simple really as a long time skarner player his problems stem from a couple basic things

Mana costs are outrageously high for a champion that seems to be design around spamming abilities to be effective

His e is beyond abysmal from a dmg, range, and projectile standpoint

Finally I beleive the fix to his ult interaction was done in reverse meaning since his ult suppresses it should be impossible to leap or flash away once it is activated on you instead you made his ult fail.

Waschbar

07-29-2013

So scorpions burrow right?

Can we see a gapcloser added to his kit where he burrows underground kinda like a vlad pool?(No slow? Maybe make it similar to draven's stand aside in that he travels underground in a line, and his stringer knocks anyone in the path to the side?