A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

07-29-2013

Where do all these "Leave Rengar alone" people come from?

It not good as he his otherwise people would be playing him.

Hyde from Darius

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post

What the **** are you talking about, Rengar is absolutely fine. He shouldn't be changed, he's one of the very few balanced champions in the game.

jimmy57

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydesdelca View Post
Wow. Nope, I want a refund. Please refund Rengar, as you are turning my favorite top laner into a bad jungler who won't be able to compete with any of the other current good junglers.

They're reworking a broken top laner.

Draciusen

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post

He's technically alright as he is right now, but the simple fact that he is completely undetectable in his stealth without a pink ward/oracle following you at all times is rather broken, especially considering his triple Q burst.

Since they're making his stealth somewhat detectable (You just get a little symbol over your head that shows he's somewhere nearby), Riot can buff the rest of his kit as well since there IS counterplay for his ultimate that doesn't require you to constantly pour money into wards/oracle.

Tadrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wav3Break View Post
If you guys have any thoughts on what epic thing Rengar should get at maximum stacks toss'em out! I look forward to the ideas you guys will give me and Scarizard!
This might be something either completely broken or not useful at all but what if his 14 stack would be a QSS active? On one side it would be one less item a Rengar would have to buy against a heavy CC team but seeings how he is a jungle champ he probably wouldn't be able to afford to buy a luxury item like QSS anyways.

Draciusen

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadrin View Post
This might be something either completely broken or not useful at all but what if his 14 stack would be a QSS active? On one side it would be one less item a Rengar would have to buy against a heavy CC team but seeings how he is a jungle champ he probably wouldn't be able to afford to buy a luxury item like QSS anyways.
QSS is not a luxury item if it saves your life on multiple occasions.

Nobody goes "Oh lemme just get this QSS, I've got money to blow anyway."

They buy it because they're thinking "Oh **** there's a Zed over there, he's gonna go after squishies like me with his ult a lot, better get this QSS to live through that."

Redeemed In Fire

07-29-2013

Quote:
An additional mechanic we will be testing with BTN is allowing Rengar players to build stacks out of neutral monster kills. Currently the amount of neutral monster kills required to build a stack is pretty hefty, which encourages jungle Rengar to invade the enemy jungle to take camps but also hopefully interact with the enemy jungler. This mechanic is still kind of the grey area as well because it might give too many advantages to a jungle Rengar over a lane Rengar and we don't want to make laning Rengar's feel bad for purchasing this item.
Want to say again that I'm loving the Rengar changes and just re-emphasize Dominion again. The above is an interesting idea but if it soaks too much of bonetooth necklace's power, that devalues it for us on Dominion.

Quote:
If you guys have any thoughts on what epic thing Rengar should get at maximum stacks toss'em out! I look forward to the ideas you guys will give me and Scarizard!
How about something like "If Rengar stays in his ultimate for more than 6 seconds, his ultimate grants global vision for the remaining duration. Ultimate duration extended to 10 seconds." (probably too powerful as tuned but you get the point)

Hyde from Darius

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draciusen View Post
He's technically alright as he is right now, but the simple fact that he is completely undetectable in his stealth without a pink ward/oracle following you at all times is rather broken, especially considering his triple Q burst.

Since they're making his stealth somewhat detectable (You just get a little symbol over your head that shows he's somewhere nearby), Riot can buff the rest of his kit as well since there IS counterplay for his ultimate that doesn't require you to constantly pour money into wards/oracle.
The counterplay for his ult SHOULD cost money, as does counterplay against other powerful abilities. Armor exists so high AD damage will be curbed, and likewise mr for ap. Oracles exists to entirely counter a stealth champion.

It's the fact that people don't buy oracles once rengar hits level 6 that's wrong, not the fact that he has "no counterplay".

The counterplay is there, Rengar is fine, oracles itself could use a rework, perhaps changed from a consumable to an active to give people more incentive to buy it.

DaYu RyuGan

07-29-2013

plz, Don't change anything. you are just making it worse.
Rengar got nerfed so many times and he does not even feel like an assassin

Voidgolem

07-29-2013

it could be argued that Rengar isn't fine because his gameplay boils down to "Oneshot guy without warning", "splitpush" or "Be worthless if you can't do the other two".

that he's very good at the first option doesn't really change that when that option itself is pretty unfun to go against :S