Missing Announcer

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poisonsama

11-10-2010

I get all the sounds except the announcer and map pings. any ideas? I have the options turned on for everything and the volume turned all the way up on the sound panel.

Poisonsama

11-10-2010

any ideas? any support?

Scowndrul

11-10-2010

Do you have a surround sound setup? Are you using headphones? I use both, and if I have my 5.1 set up, and use headphones without changing it over, I miss a lot of sounds.

Poisonsama

11-10-2010

I will try a few things there, but it was working fine yesterday.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

11-11-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Scowndrul is on the right track there, I would make sure your computer it trying to play the game in stereo and not 5.1. 5.1 has a lot of problems that we are currently working on fixing. Also, make sure that everything is set up properly in the in-game audio options. If you change anything, be sure to press 'OK,' simply escaping out of the menu won't save your changes.

To help us understand the problem, are champion voices still working correctly? And are the UI sounds like the menus and the shop still working correctly?

Thanks!

appe3

03-20-2011

I've had this same problem ever since I moved to W7 from XP. Announcer sound went completely out but everything else is working. It's kinda strange since my 5.1 worked perfectly on XP :s

Hope Riot can fix this!