Summoner name change!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

12-14-2009
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Nope it is their job to make the rules more clear to the players it is not my job. the need to make their services and terms more clear.
Eh...

http://img2.pict.com/82/2d/3c/221132...s2520signu.png

You're welcome to Email support@riotgames.com and request a different name if you're not happy with the one we assigned you when you were reported for having an offensive name.

I am cool

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacologist View Post
Dude just change your name and call it a day. You can have a name that implies you rock without the word ass. I know you can do it!

i cant change my name they didnt give me any options they just did it. i wish i could change my name to something i like cause i would be they gave me no warning and no chance to say what i want.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
That's not true at all. Didn't you hear about that billion-dollar lawsuit where that one Microsoft employee was caught selling company secrets, but he was found not guilty by virtue of not being able to realize it was illegal without actually reading?
Nope and trade secrets are slightly different from contract law.

Pharmacologist

12-14-2009

Here I will help you

Email address: support@riotgames.com

Subject: Request name change

"Hi,

My summoner name is currently 'I am cool'. It was changed from "I kick ass", presumably because of a naming violation. Since I didn't get to choose my new name, I'd appreciate it you instead changed it to 'NEWNAMEHERE', which complies with the naming rules. Thanks a lot, Riot!

Best wishes,
I am cool"

Pendragon

12-14-2009
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
i cant change my name they didnt give me any options they just did it. i wish i could change my name to something i like cause i would be they gave me no warning and no chance to say what i want.
Quote:
You may not select a character name that is offensive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, or falsely indicative of an association with Riot Games. Riot Games may modify any name which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, violates this provision without further notification to You, and may take further disciplinary measures, including account termination, for repeated violations.
Not sure what else I need to say here!

I am cool

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Eh...

not happy with the one we assigned you when you were reported for having an offensive name.

Well obviously im not happy with the one they gave me and ive emailed them already and have gotten no reply. and that is not offensive at all they probably found it offensive because its true i do kick ass and i probably did kick their ass.

Karrot

12-14-2009

Wow Pharmacologist, what if he wants a better name than NEWNAMEHERE?

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Not sure what else I need to say here!
Think he's looking for "We're so sorry I lick ass, heres your name back and 10,000 RP"

Pendragon

12-14-2009
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Well obviously im not happy with the one they gave me and ive emailed them already and have gotten no reply. and that is not offensive at all they probably found it offensive because its true i do kick ass and i probably did kick their ass.
Offensive is relative, you do not get to decide if your name is offensive.

Don't expect an instant answer from support. This is a low priority issue and they'll get to it as soon as possible.

Mooner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2009

meh