Players experiencing high ping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Primary Dish

07-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAntares View Post
We are having our provider modify their peering settings. Will update when we need you guys to test in a few minutes.
Hopefully this solves the lag!
Had to leave a game in high elo today because it spiked to 1k ping every minute for 15 seconds!

It has never done that before. :/

IburnCITIES

07-23-2013

I have Comcast and I live in portland Oregon. I continually have Severe lag spikes.

pandacracke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2013

Quote:
We are having our provider modify their peering settings. Will update when we need you guys to test in a few minutes.
Thank you, hopefully this will stop my lag that's been going on the past few weeks.

Surprized Taco

Recruiter

07-23-2013

comcast
virginia
Attachment 737953

Futtbuckinu

07-23-2013

This is bull****.. so it's easy to keep blaming Verizon when there was 0 lag pre-3.8? I went from 1 to 30 without lagging a single time.. now it's like playing Russian Roulette.. I get in a game and I may or may not lag incessantly for the rest of the match.. all while sitting at a steady 75ms. I have had Comcast come out and replace lines from my place to my box, give me a new cable modem, test out my packet loss to EVERY STATE and they say I have a pristine connection. This is the only game I ever have an issue in.. so I'd really like to know how it's Verizon's fault when Riot keeps deflecting blame over and over again. There was no issue pre-3.8.. this is some conspiracy level bull-**** going on.

Certain Victory

07-23-2013

Road Runner/Time Warner
New York State

Ruskko

07-23-2013

lag like crazy, verizon dsl

RiotAntares

Senior Network Engineer

07-23-2013
90 of 111 Riot Posts

Okay all - we've adjusted our routing with our providers. Players from Comcast should now avoid Cogent and take Global Crossing or Above.net to reach us. Please test it out and let us know!

WZYZ1

07-23-2013

Quote:
Okay all - we've adjusted our routing with our providers. Players from Comcast should now avoid Cogent and take Global Crossing or Above.net to reach us. Please test it out and let us know!
What does that mean?

xJayden

07-23-2013

Quote:
Players from Comcast should now avoid Cogent and take Global Crossing or Above.net to reach us. !
How do we go about doing this? Or is it something that happens automatically / how would I check if it's working?