Ryan, the Squad Leader

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grim765

07-22-2013

Ryan is a ranged attack damage carry. He wields an assault rifle, and has the classic skin of a marine. He does not consume health, mana, or energy to use abilities (similiar to Garen).

Statistics
Health: 415 (+76 per level)
Attack Damage: 45.3 (+3.7 per level)
Attack Speed: 0.73
Movement Speed: 335
Armor: 23 (+3.1 per level)
Magic Resistance: 21
Health Regen: 5.7 (+0.4 per level)
Range: 435

Statistic Bars
============================
||Attack Damage-|[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
||Defense----------|[][][][][][][][]
||Ability Power----|[]
||Difficulty----------|[][][][][][][][][]
============================

Abilities
Teamwork (Passive) -

All nearby friendly champions get (4*number of champions) bonus armor.

Name:  Military-Grenade-icon.png
Views: 34
Size:  2.9 KBGrenade Lob (Q) -
Ryan tosses a grenade, dealing (65/90/115/130/155 + 0.5*AD) AoE damage to enemies within the blast radius. The grenade's potential range increases the longer you hold Q (350min-1050max). The grenade will explode in between 2 and 0 seconds as of hitting the ground, depending on hold time.
Cooldown - 12/11/10/9/8 seconds

Name:  Product Ak custom 09.jpg31e8c9a8-49a6-4afe-9828-6684f47060b1Larger.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  2.9 KBAutomatic Fire (W) -
When activated, Ryan gains (10/20/30/40/50%) attack speed for (3/4/5/6/7) seconds and the target receives (5/7/9/11/13) armor reduction for 3 seconds. Armor reduction can stack 3 times.
Cooldown - 16/14/12/10/8 seconds

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 36
Size:  1.7 KBDive/Cover(E) -
Dive -
Ryan rolls to a target location. After the roll, activating Dive again within 0.8 seconds with activate Cover.
Range - 535
Cooldown - 20/18/16/14/12 seconds

Cover -
A impenetrable wall surrounds Ryan. Ryan is untargetable by basic attacks, target abilities, and skillshots for (1/1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8) seconds. Upon taking AoE damage, Ryan is dislodged from cover. Ryan is unable to leave the walls. He may still use Grenade Lob during this time. Cover may be deactivated manually.

Name:  dbaines.com_rpg_sketch_800.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  2.8 KBLittle Friend (R) -
When activated, Ryan's assault rifle turns into a rocket launcher. Each of Ryan's basic attacks deal (60/80/100% + 100%) attack damage, and each basic attack deals AoE damage to surrounding enemies. (Can be used in conjunction with Automatic Fire). Each attack adds 1 stack of Overheat. Every 4 seconds 1 stack will be removed. When 10 stacks are reached, Little Friend deactivates, and the cooldown begins. Little Friend may be deactivated manually, but the cooldown will still go into effect.
Cooldown - 60/50/40
Range - same as normal basic attacks

Tips
Playing as Ryan
  • Using your ultimate, Little Friend, and your W. Automatic Fire, at the same time dramatically increases your damage output.
  • Your team is more powerful when you are together. Working together will increase your survivability.
Playing against Ryan
  • Seperating Ryan from his team will negate his passive.
  • Ryan has exceptional basic attack capabilities. Try to poke and harass, and avoid being within range of him for very long.

Lore

"So long as I live, so shall my allies" ~ Ryan

Demacian soldiers are known for their valorous actions, and their unwillingness to surrender or flee. Ryan is the embodiment of those principles. He served in the Demacian military from a young age, and quickly climbed the ranks. His combat prowess and bravery ensured the respect of all personnel, both above and below him. During one battle, Ryan's squad was hopelessly outmatched. His commander had been shot, and his allies surrounded. Ryan believed in the principles of Demacia to the end. He picked up one of the fallen's rifles and attacked. His squad hid while he single-handedly killed every Noxian on the battlefield. Afterwords, he was awarded with highest honors, and was requested to join the League. He accepted, and entered immediately.

Trey303

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2013

Wow this guy seems amazing, but the cover seems waaay overpowered... Once he gets to 300 AP, that means he would get an added 30 seconds to the cover...

Grim765

07-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy Aggressor View Post
Wow this guy seems amazing, but the cover seems waaay overpowered... Once he gets to 300 AP, that means he would get an added 30 seconds to the cover...
Oh damn. There is only a typo when it really counts. Fixed. Now 0.01.

PeelMeImABanana

07-22-2013

Automatic Fire (Toggle) (W) -
When activated, Ryan gains (10/20/30/40/50%) attack speed and the target receives (5/7/9/11/13) armor reduction for 3 seconds. Armor reduction can stack 3 times.
Cooldown - 0.5 seconds
Cost - 30 energy per basic attack
I dont think should be a toggle even though it does cost 30 per basic attack energy it would be spammable for an energy champ.

Grim765

07-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGRB4N4N4 View Post
Automatic Fire (Toggle) (W) -
When activated, Ryan gains (10/20/30/40/50%) attack speed and the target receives (5/7/9/11/13) armor reduction for 3 seconds. Armor reduction can stack 3 times.
Cooldown - 0.5 seconds
Cost - 30 energy per basic attack
I dont think should be a toggle even though it does cost 30 per basic attack energy it would be spammable for an energy champ.
Changed.

Zerodea

07-22-2013

This sounds so cool, I actually really wanted to see a champ like this for a while now, the energy system is interesting, but I think he'd work better if he used mana, or no resource at all, like Garen. But that would mean you need to tweak a lot of his abilities, so I think it's okay as it is. I would definitely play him though. But since he's an ADC, maybe at least on of his abilities, say his ult or his q, should scale with AD? Just a suggestion. I love the concept by the way.

Grim765

07-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodea View Post
This sounds so cool, I actually really wanted to see a champ like this for a while now, the energy system is interesting, but I think he'd work better if he used mana, or no resource at all, like Garen. But that would mean you need to tweak a lot of his abilities, so I think it's okay as it is. I would definitely play him though. But since he's an ADC, maybe at least on of his abilities, say his ult or his q, should scale with AD? Just a suggestion. I love the concept by the way.
I have taken your advice, and changed multiple things. I have removed mana and energy, so Ryan now operates purely on cooldown alone. Next, I have changed his ultimate into something that both fits his non-energy usage, and is pretty cool to boot. I have made it not be a toggle, and have a 60-to-40 cooldown. When Little Friend is activated, every basic attack adds 1 stack of Overheat for 4 seconds. At 10 stacks, Little Friend deactivates, and the cooldown begins. I did this as a it would be an over-powered toggle, but rather worthless on a timer if not used perfectly (getting kited, or simply if you fall behind, because it is practically a leash). I feel like Overheat prevents over-usage. Also, I removed AP from his ult, but made it scale better with his attack damage.

l3ucket

07-22-2013

I really like this idea, im just confused about his abilites. His Q even max rank will never hit anyone thats paying attention and has really low base damage. Just seems like a weaker heimerdinger grenade. The scaling duration on his E seems like if you got max cdr and stacked ability power you could be in eternal zhonyas state. As far as his W and R go he seems like an awesome ADC. I think if you reduced the detonation time on his grenade and gave it either ad scaling as well or increased the base damage it would be a lot more effective. As far as his E goes i think a flat duration would work better. If you want ap scaling built into this champ I would suggest adding an ap ratio to the explosion damage on his R. And making his W reduce armor and magic resist. I hope this is helpful.

Grim765

07-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ucket View Post
I really like this idea, im just confused about his abilites. His Q even max rank will never hit anyone thats paying attention and has really low base damage. Just seems like a weaker heimerdinger grenade. The scaling duration on his E seems like if you got max cdr and stacked ability power you could be in eternal zhonyas state. As far as his W and R go he seems like an awesome ADC. I think if you reduced the detonation time on his grenade and gave it either ad scaling as well or increased the base damage it would be a lot more effective. As far as his E goes i think a flat duration would work better. If you want ap scaling built into this champ I would suggest adding an ap ratio to the explosion damage on his R. And making his W reduce armor and magic resist. I hope this is helpful.
When I first thought of his E, I also thought that it could exploited for infinite stasis. That is why I put in the clause "has to be activated after 0.8 seconds". This prevents that. Next, I'm trying to remove AP completely from him, but it is more difficult than it looks for it to make sense.

Trey303

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2013

I'll be honest, I liked him a LOT more when he used energy...