PSA: Do Not Pin League of Legends to the Dock

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XBLChronic

07-18-2013

Wow I have had my LoL pinned to my dock this whole time for easy access. Ill unpin it and see if it fix some of the issues i had.

Zomgbeast

07-18-2013

So how do I fix this? Re-install or Repair? Kinda don't want to re-install cause I like Boompje's launcher.

Edit: The launcher said that a file was missing. Fixed it by changing from NA to EUW and back again. Don't know if I have to do it everytime I open the launcher though.

falkenjeff

07-19-2013

pinned it properly first try. just discovered this forum. saw this topic. was like "wat?". Read the note at the bottom. Was like "oh".

I'm not sure if I pinned it properly on purpose, or if it was a subconscious habit, because games will usually not run at all if you pin them after opening them and try to open the pin later. (But I mostly use windows)

falkenjeff

07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomgbeast View Post
So how do I fix this? Re-install or Repair? Kinda don't want to re-install cause I like Boompje's launcher.

Edit: The launcher said that a file was missing. Fixed it by changing from NA to EUW and back again. Don't know if I have to do it everytime I open the launcher though.
probably unpin it, and then pin the proper file by dragging it to the dock.

EDIT: unless your LoL isn't working at all, then you're need to reinstall

Dotayy

07-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBrentmeister View Post
No .

The only way to "properly" pin League of Legends to the dock is drag the "League of Legends.app" from your applications folder onto your dock. (I'll add this to the post)
Question. My lol is launching but I keep getting "attempting to reconnect" multiple times. Sometimes I can move but the minions and other champs stay where they are. Its not internet issue because that never happens when I play on windows laptop. Or even if my brother is playing at the same time, he has no lag but I do. Any known issues like these?

Darck

07-24-2013

Im properly installing a new one but I cant unpin my previous lol client. DO I need to wait for a patch so I can unpin it, or am I just not doing something?
Nvm fixed it

WubaWuba

07-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotayy View Post
Question. My lol is launching but I keep getting "attempting to reconnect" multiple times. Sometimes I can move but the minions and other champs stay where they are. Its not internet issue because that never happens when I play on windows laptop. Or even if my brother is playing at the same time, he has no lag but I do. Any known issues like these?
This happens to me as well

thenicksolo

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WubaWuba View Post
This happens to me as well
A friend of mine was having issues like this as well, Turned out it was due to heat and a failing GPU.
I'd ensure all of your hardware is 100% as well. Make sure this isn't something caused by the computer not by the client.

Crai Crushna

08-31-2013

@Brentmeister

Here is my problem: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3821720

s0undvvav3

09-09-2013

so my game just crashed yesterday and will no longer reinstall. is it because it was in the dock i just saw this thread ps im a mac user

12345678 ... 9