A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elementalos

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir360 View Post
Last time rengar was nerfed, I believe you guys reduced the amount of AD per level on him
Nope!

lDanthera

07-21-2013

An idea I had for one of the rewards that bonetooth necklace gives is:

X trophies:When Rengar is in the bush,he gains total vision of the area tha he can leap.
What total vision does mean?Is that Rengar can see over walls and obstacles when he is in the bush,but he isnīt able to see any stealthed unit(wards,enemy champions that he isnīt with in the same bush,etc.).
With this,he gains pretty more mobility in the jungle,and can counter jungle more efficiently,combo'ing with the reward that gives him more radius to jump.
I think that this reward itīs on the same way that you want to go through with BTN,Scarizard,I hope that you can see this .

BanditManSteve

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
We did only the ultimate change first. Then in playtesting, Scarizard played him and the live design team felt that new Rengar wasn't as healthy as he should be. So Scarizard and Wav3break took the time to start thinking about other ways of approaching him.

The whole purpose of this thread existing now is to gather your feedback on their initial thoughts and direction. Please keep sharing them.
Why not release the changes to the PBE? I mean you say the point of this thread is to get feedback, but we wont know how we like the changes without actually TRYING them. We can sit here and argue about how bad/good the ult indicator is till the cows come home, but we will never actually know how it feels. Release the changes to the PBE, then ask for our feedback imo. Doesnt make any sense to ask us for feedback on changes we have never been able to try. Its like telling me about a delicious new burger you tried, and then asking me how it could be made better, without actually letting me try the burger as well.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-21-2013

Quote:
Attachment 736195

Aatrox just sees the icon over his head.
Make it like TF's ult, every enemy gets that icon on his head when Rengar ults, cause if its only the ones in ranged, then that makes TF's ult 100x better, not to mention Rengar will be seen coming every single time.

It's not really that much to ask for either. I mean, why can TF and not Rengar? TF's ult has a lot more range too.

Atyres

07-21-2013

Quote:

They *all* have a warning and telegraph that they are about to do it. Even Eve, the bonafide stealth champ, reveals herself before attacking you. Rengar is the only one who breaks the "warning" rule. Furthermore, he doesn't just show up. He shows up and triple Qs you in the worst case. Rengar violates a core value of our design philosophy that exists everywhere else.

You guys are smart. You realize no-warning stealth is powerful. You also realize that triple Q burst is powerful. That combination is highly frustrating to deal with.

Yes, it's fun to be the one who doesn't follow the rules and frustrate other players. No, it's not okay to say "its fine" and will never be OK to just ignore it.
Will Twitch and Shaco be getting something similar, cause if not that breaks your "design philosophy" too.

To be honest with you I still think it's silly that for some reason people know if they are being hunted by a master hunter. Someone who has dedicated his life to being stealthy and hunting his prey does not give his prey an opportunity to react to it from his own actions, the prey has to be the proactive one. In this case it is buying pink wards and sticking to areas that you have either pink warded or have someone with a oracle. I never found this to be to problematic of a solution in a team based game, afraid for your adc? Then have the tank stay back to protect them with some ward coverage.

Servantofthe99

07-21-2013

im just going to say F it to rengar and wait for the WW changes. he already has rengar's ultimate as a passive anyways. and why not just remove the 'assassin' type from game? it has been made clear you guys clearly do not want/like assassin's doing what they're supposed to. make everything a fighter/bruiser.

Dulzara

07-21-2013

I think Rengar's ult could go for a sort of mind game mentality. As Rengar gets closer to his target, players on the enemy team would hear Rengar laughter, or some sort of taunt as Rengar prepares to pounce. To me, it would make him feel more like a hunter, and add a mind game to the ultimate that would really bring out his aspect of being a predator. That panic of "he's near me, oh god what if he's about to jump me" could lead a player to making a careless mistake that allows a master hunter to capitalize on.

NA Darklarik

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
So to you, Darklarik and everyone that's posted - thanks for your continued input. Every day i come to this thread i have more and more to think about. Gonna pass out and prepare myself for 20 hours of international travel, goodnight y'all
Thank you for taking time off your busy schedule to read my post it means a very great deal to me.

Hope you have a good nights sleep. When you return, it would be cool you and Wav3 could discuss the (E) bola strike changes you are planning, and if there is any possibility of making it a skillshot. I had this as an idea for the ability as part of the second half of my post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Darklarik View Post
(E) Bola Strike: range: 550-700 CD: 12 /11 /10 /9 /8
*Now a skillshot
Active: Rengar throws a bola in a line that colides with the first enemy champion struck and deals flat physical damage, and slows the target. Rengar can hold down the ability to charge it, increasing range and damage.

Emp E: Rengar Throws a Net in an small AOE (about same syze as Syndra's Q), dealing flat physical damage and rooting all enemies caught in the area for 1.5 seconds (slow is not applied). Charging the ablity increases its range.

Explanation: This would make the ability better overall, increasing skillgap, since now you have to aim it, and offering counterplay (dodging it). As well as making it a more usefull in lane. The new AOE effect in the empowered version would allow for trapping multiple enemies should it be throw in the right direction and time, but would also allow it to be dodge since its now has a travel time and its an aimed ability (better for teamfights)!

Chilly5

07-21-2013

Hey I heard something about Rengar's ult giving an icon above enemy player's heads when rengar is stealthed around them.

...I just want to say...

I'm so glad this is finally being implemented.
I've always found the fact that Rengar was the only champion with a non-telegraphed stealth gapcloser to be his most broken, unfair, and unfun mechanic.
I've been posting about how this was Rengar's biggest problem from the beginning.
I'm really happy that Riot's finally come to its senses.

What this means is that after this change is implemented, power can be shifted to buff the rest of Rengar's kit. For instance the stealth maybe could/should last as long as release Rengar, or allow a greater speed boost as with release Rengar.

In any case, glad this mechanic of Rengar's finally being brought to justice.

ScubaDivingPoop

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Darklarik View Post
(E) Bola Strike: range: 550-700 CD: 12 /11 /10 /9 /8
*Now a skillshot
Active: Rengar throws a bola in a line that colides with the first enemy champion struck and deals flat physical damage, and slows the target. Rengar can hold down the ability to charge it, increasing range and damage.

Emp E: Rengar Throws a Net in an small AOE (about same syze as Syndra's Q), dealing flat physical damage and rooting all enemies caught in the area for 1.5 seconds (slow is not applied). Charging the ablity increases its range.

Explanation: This would make the ability better overall, increasing skillgap, since now you have to aim it, and offering counterplay (dodging it). As well as making it a more usefull in lane. The new AOE effect in the empowered version would allow for trapping multiple enemies should it be throw in the right direction and time, but would also allow it to be dodge since its now has a travel time and its an aimed ability (better for teamfights)!
You do realize that your suggestion has a fatal flaw. If rengar's Bola were to be made into a skill not it WILL NOT ignore minions. They are trying to make changes so rengar can become a stronger viable jungler. So having a skill that ignore minions kinda seems counter productive.

His Bola should just stay target select the way it is. Only thing they can improve on it is either remove the decaying slow or only decay half.