A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
These gank positions are amazing. Factor in human reaction time and the fact that Rengar can still tower dive and run away, and this stabcat looks like he's great to me.
Well, for one thing you guys never told us you decreased the visible range that much. In one of Scarizard's earlier posts he was talking about alert particles as far away as 5k range.

Though even with that range I'm not sure how scary it'll be when you guys want to cut his burst down so significantly (again, going by Scarizard's numbers of 5-6 second kill times against squishies).

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

07-21-2013
27 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
Looking at that, unless E is now a stun, I see that as a waste of an ult. That target is living unless hes got abusive triple q burst or hard cc...
I would assume a smart player would be ganking a lower health target or save the ult to catch a fleeing opponent after he's burned flash.

Either way, it seems like you already have made up your mind before playing it. Counterplay is a good thing for a character. Rengar getting away without warning for so long is why he's been nerfed to the level he's at now.

t4tNoFp4Ve

07-21-2013

Quote:
Well, Rengar's feeling remains intact. You are welcome to continue disagreeing with me, so I'm posting this:

Huge Caveats: Balance not done, etc.

I am assuming here that you're using Rengar's ult to jump onto the target as quickly as possible from as close as possible.

Now, if you're coming out of the jungle with 0 combo points and need to wait the full 5 seconds of stealth to charge-up your ferocity, or you want to stealth to avoid a ward, you'll need to stand back a little bit further or be willing to chase them with the warning up. But that situation is preventable.

Here's where you would get "detected" from a fast bush gank (click stealth + run) or back lane gank. Keep in mind you also have 10-50% movement speed bonus at this point.

Attachment 736189 Attachment 736190

These gank positions are amazing. Factor in human reaction time and the fact that Rengar can still tower dive and run away, and this stabcat looks like he's great to me.
These Gank positions are amazing............if the enemy has absolutely 0 wards, which wont happen by the time Rengar reaches lvl 6

Any smart mid will Ward Wraith entrances and/or River (specially knowing that Rengar's "new" ultimate becomes useless if he does), which can easily spot Rengar if you NEED to activate your ultimate almost next to them, in order to reduce the "warning time", and if you activate it from an spot where wards can't see you, you become a Naruto

Now on a bot lane scenario, where the enemy support wards Tri, River and probably the second lane bush, your ultimate becomes %5000000000 useless, because you can't use it to bypass wards anymore

Then again, as i said on a couple posts earlier, just scrap the ultimate, replace it with something similar to Gondar's Tracking, i sincerely dont want to play Rengar ever again if his stealh becomes a "jump + MS", might as well play Evelynn and press W (and Evelynn can bypass wards, and doesnt need to waste an ultimate to do so)

Skaarrjj

07-21-2013

Quote:
I would assume a smart player would be ganking a lower health target or save the ult to catch a fleeing opponent after he's burned flash.

Either way, it seems like you already have made up your mind before playing it. Counterplay is a good thing for a character. Rengar getting away without warning for so long is why he's been nerfed to the level he's at now.
Question.

Why have you guys had to work over newer champions lately like Kha'zix, Rengar, Jayce, Draven, Darius, and Hecarim?

Mango027

07-21-2013

Quote:

I low HP target is also hugging tower.
An Eve gank is able to take someone from 100 to 0 with her ulti at 6

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

07-21-2013
28 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango027 View Post
What does Yorick see in those pictures?
Attachment 736195

Aatrox just sees the icon over his head.

lightdragoon88

07-21-2013

Quote:
Well, Rengar's feeling remains intact. You are welcome to continue disagreeing with me, so I'm posting this:

Huge Caveats: Balance not done, etc.

I am assuming here that you're using Rengar's ult to jump onto the target as quickly as possible from as close as possible.

Now, if you're coming out of the jungle with 0 combo points and need to wait the full 5 seconds of stealth to charge-up your ferocity, or you want to stealth to avoid a ward, you'll need to stand back a little bit further or be willing to chase them with the warning up. But that situation is preventable.

Here's where you would mark the target from a fast bush gank (click stealth + run) or back lane gank. Keep in mind you also have 10-50% movement speed bonus at this point.

Attachment 736189 Attachment 736190

I see a wild Yorick.

Yeah they won't have time to react escape from that. And since mage/assassin are in mid lane, they will go down fast.

IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0

07-21-2013

Quote:
Either way, it seems like you already have made up your mind before playing it.
Probably because we can't play it and just have to extrapolate conclusions from what you guys tell us.

When we see a red talk about tripling the length of his kill window and making him alert people from 4000 range away, while at the same time making him tankier and buffing his poke... you shouldn't be surprised when people get skeptical and think he's going to just end up another random bruiser.

Furi Kuri

07-21-2013

Quote:

And we were promised buffs, what are we getting? Q burst nerfs, ult nerf. Thanks.

Mango027

07-21-2013

Quote:
Attachment 736195

Aatrox just sees the icon over his head.
interesting...