Morello, A Moment of Your Time Please for Pantheon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dredge Mammus

07-19-2013

I like it. Though I would prefer his W be switched to physical damage as well, since it doesn't really have high base damage anyways.

Morello

Lead Designer

07-19-2013
1 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnes View Post
I know you're a busy person so I'll keep this short and simple. I have no qualms with Spear Shot and Heartseeker Strike, but I think Aegis of Zeonia and Grand Skyfall are heavily lacking in comparison:

Aegis of Zeonia:
- Currently acts as nothing more than a gap-closer/passive refresh; the base damage is low and it scales off of AP and deals magic damage
- Adding an attack damage ratio to give the ability duality (akin to Aatrox's Blades of Torment) would make Aegis impactful, less of an afterthought and clarify itemization pathways for new Pantheon players

Grand Skyfall:
- Right now, there are no incentives to level this ability past its first rank until Spear Shot and Heartseeker Strike are maxed (distance doesn't change, mana cost doesn't change, the damage isn't the primary focus of the ability, and a fifteen second reduction in cooldown is arguably trivial)
- Give Grand Skyfall Olaf's old Ragnarok passive (+10/20/30 armour penetration [flat]) so that Pantheon isn't pigeon-holed into solely a "penetration" itemization pathway to remain noticeable, so that Pantheon can actually fit a defensive item into his build as right now he basically has to build solely glass-cannon, and so that there be an actual incentive to leveling Grand Skyfall (I would take a damage decrease on the ability for this sort of a passive without hesitation; say 350/600/850 instead of 400/700/1000)

Thanks kindly for your time.
Agreed Panth needs work, though likely after worlds. I might do a thread when we're ready to get some work done here and get thoughts.

Aria Sachou

07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Agreed Panth needs work, though likely after worlds. I might do a thread when we're ready to get some work done here and get thoughts.
Please no
I like Pantheon the way he is now
He does great against Kennen, Jayce, Elise and even Ryze top lane.
He is a great early game champ and can transition to late game if he gets a few kills going in his favour

Even though I would welcome a buff/rework to turn him viable its too big of a risk to take.

If we rework him it will be only a short matter of time before the crying sheep of our community turn their eyes to Pantheon and then as a result cause him to be nerfed.
Even a small buff may go wrong
Just look at Nasus
A small buff in his farming and utility which lead to a different playstyle
Then the community jumped on him and got him nerfed after he was shown to finally be a viable champ.

Worst Jungle Eu

07-19-2013

Quote:
Please....dear god no.
Don't do a thread.
If you take what the general populace of what GD thinks about panth we might come out with something terrible.
Just do it on your own please.

Evangel

07-19-2013

There just needs to be a little bit of quality of life with his kit. I agree with the OP as far as giving a few incentives for the W as well as the ultimate. I think the passive block Pantheon has should block auto attack procs. As his passive stands in its current iteration it only blocks the damage from the auto attack and not the lifesteal, poison, or other effects from the autoattack.

If the block negated the auto attack then the effects added to the auto attack should also be blocked for the one auto attack.

Nocturnes

07-19-2013

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks kindly for taking the time to address my thread

NocPat

07-19-2013

Pantheon's strength lies in his E passive and his Ultimate damage.

Think about this phrase carefully. Pantheon's one of my favorite champions and I have major success with him. I have never seen a single person who utilizes him fully. He is fine as is and there is nothing lacking in his kit.

Silver Hair

07-19-2013

If Pantheon gets buffed in any way, he needs to get nerfed in another way.

Sguerra123

07-19-2013

Meanwhile, Sivir....

PazuzuZeGargoyle

07-19-2013

I agree that his ult could use some QoL tweaks to make it feel better. But honestly his W is an extremely efficient ability already. Yes it would be cool to have an AD ratio, but I think that'd push his damage over the top, particularly early game (where he already excels)