Tf changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hashinshin

07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
TF is broken - this passive won't actually fix that, but it'll at least get his power to be slightly lower without making him any less fun.
TF probably has more combined picks/bans over league's tournament history than any other 2 champions combined. I wouldn't feel very much remorse if he finally became unviable. Global stun + wave clear + early lane bully is silly.

DotEleven

07-19-2013

Quote:
TF's old passive is basically tons of free power to the whole team, and it adds no new gameplay. The new passive doesn't add a ton more gameplay, but at least reins it in to something manageable (and more satisfying for TF players).

I know it's not as much of an issue in solo queue, but TF needs some kind of nerf. This is, literally, the nicest and friendliest nerf that could be done.
I've always just wondered, have you guys ever given the thought to putting Gate back on E and having it's range scale? So it's starts off short and ends at it's current state. This way he's not a global presence until late without putting points into it and if you without Stacked Deck he loses quite a bit of damage which you can put back onto Pick A Card making him choose.

Bless

07-19-2013

Quote:
Are you going to have a real conversation, or endlessly snipe? Your choice - if you want to engage, do so constructively (your pattern of threads is constant complaints with little value).
Are you going to continue deflecting when it comes to the topic of your broken moneymakers who you refuse to gut?

Dryad Soraka

07-19-2013

Quote:
TF is broken - this passive won't actually fix that, but it'll at least get his power to be slightly lower without making him any less fun.

But.......he's.........not.........broken......... .

The amount of counterplay against him is astounding. He is predictable and easy to counter.
How is he broken? lol

I really can't take you seriously with all the "balance" work you do.

Riot is butchering their own game. Stop.

xXSorianXx

07-19-2013

Morello, I just want to say that I for one loved it whenever you asked someone if they had a learning disability. Thanks for being awesome and laying down the law every now and then to us GD complainers.

Bless

07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
TF probably has more combined picks/bans over league's tournament history than any other 2 champions combined. I wouldn't feel very much remorse if he finally became unviable. Global stun + wave clear + early lane bully is silly.
since when is tf an early lane bully

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
ya he will be unviable and i will be happy. Now time to nerf others champs so they all can be unviable to balance them. And nerf minion like last year.

Girofalcon

07-19-2013

Good questions hashinshin. But what's going to be tf's power now? All he does is press R and stun, which is no fun anymore. The passive needs to be completely reworked to make his dueling gameplay more rewarding to the advanced player.

Morello

Lead Designer

07-19-2013
11 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1d1292493e47b4417f0d6 View Post
Because you guys haven't fixed the most broken champions in the game and instead are having a discussion about a passive movement speed buff. Elise can jungle, top, support, mid and win almost every time, her Cacoon missile speed is way too fast and hits when the projectile clearly doesn't. She's a constant ban or pick in competitive league, constantly wins games, has an insane win rate, and the team is concerned about a tf passive.

Jayce is a free lane win top or mid, endgame his poke will take a carry down to half if he hits, which isn't hard to do because it's almost impossible to see it coming. Which would be fine because Nidalee preforms much the same way, except the other 5 abilities of Jayce make him one of the strongest duelers in the game with stupid utility.

Nunu is blatantly overpowered, no one seems to care. As long as he isn't healing in the top lane everything is okay, right?

Jokes aside, Teemo is by far the most frustrating champion to play against, disregard how viable he is, he makes you want to pull your hair out and set your house on fire. What's being done about his gameplay?

ADCs should be niche picks and serve a particular purpose, as it stands now, they are not and every couple patches makes a couple adcs more viable than the others. Is it really this hard to balance carries?

Thresh is arguably one of most fun champions that you have in the game atm, but he is too strong. He is just too much to deal with, Korea should have made this very clear. The lantern is 100% reward and 0 risk, no counterplay what so ever other than BLOW THAT GUY UP BEFORE HE GETS TO SAFETY...oops too late, he's a lane away now.

It's beyond frustrating to be a long time player of the game ( since beta ) and have the team focused on a tf passive and a movespeed quint passive. Meanwhile the game is becoming more stale because you see the same champions every freaken game.
That's because it takes no time to do the TF passive and get it right. Comparitively, we've been nerfing Jayce (and will continue to) - but the situation is more complex and difficult. Therefore, requires more time and iteration. Same with Thresh.

One thing to mention is our last couple of patches have been tough on us internally, so we've had to delay a couple of the more complex changes. We're trying to avoid "Olafing" these characters, and want to do more focused nerfs. We could nuke them from orbit, but we've been trying to avoid that so we don't just rotate the list of who the OP characters are.

Plasmafrog

07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless View Post
since when is tf an early lane bully
Since he can yellow card you, get 1-2 hits off and never have to worry about trading.