A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venam

07-18-2013

Only Rengar inspired me to play Rengar some time ago, and I have since fallen in love with this champion. I sit there watching him play listening to his thought process, and I think he has a lot of good points when it comes to the changes of Rengar, please listen to him Riot.

Ultimate: If his opponents get a warning over their heads when Rengar is ulted and near, why can't he jump on them? He's taken the risk of revealing his position in the game, is it so wrong to get a chance to capitalize on it?

Bola strike: Making this into a skillshot might add a very interesting element of gameplay to him and his hunter playstyle. Throwing a bola through the fog of war, to hit your enemy and maybe even revealing them for a short duration might be extremely interesting.

TL;DR
Bola would be really cool go over minions and through terrain if it becomes a skillshot.

Ult should get the hop back if they have advanced notice of your proximity

Leozas

07-18-2013

I can understand the tuning of Bonetooth but I'm skeptical in restricting the recipe and accentually the powers Bonetooth grants. Buffing the item for jungle Rengar's is very interesting but it removes the incentive for laning Rengars to buy it, one of my idea is to add a second Necklace or perhaps a second tier, whichever works better that accentuates jungling On the notes of his ultimate I totally agree with nerfing it to allow for knowledge and counterplay, the VO and Icon above player heads, my only problem, at least in live is that the Icon is very noticeably, or at least to me I have never seen it (please correct me if I'm wrong and that the icon isn't even in use on live). Furthermore the tuning on his w is interesting but perhaps needs buffing due to the fact shown before in this forum that with correct CC mages and burst him, I can understand this as one of the only counterplays to Rengar generally but I find it abit abusive and at time, one-sided, I am very interested to see if any counterplay on Rengar's general playstyle can be opened to further buff Rengar as a whole, or at least to tune him to a better standard.

Ral Zarek 2UR

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Catching this before i leave - i think something like this sounds really cool. I know i mentioned earlier that we were looking at +MS% in brush. What do people think about similar version?

'Rengar gains X movement speed while not visible to the enemy team (or out of combat). This bonus is doubled while Rengar is in brush.' ?

A lot of the bonetooth ideas specifically have been pretty interesting - Wav3break's heavy lifting is going to be focused on BTN, but i'll make sure to keep passing these along.
That sounds great - not just because it seems like a good way to buff him and a nice unique effect, but also because it adds to the whole "similar but different to Kha'zix" thing they have going between them.

Outshine

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurog View Post
please make him more viable in the jungle..
this

ScubaDivingPoop

07-18-2013

No to bola skill shot

Griiffy

07-18-2013

Make the bonetooth build into two things once he gets a certain amount of trophies, one will provide jungle stats and the other will provide laning or fighting stats

Eleshakai

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griiffy View Post
Make the bonetooth build into two things once he gets a certain amount of trophies, one will provide jungle stats and the other will provide laning or fighting stats
But... by the time he has a certain amount of trophies, the jungle won't matter anymore.

Mindllapse

07-18-2013

Battle Roar: cast on self - gain armor/mr and heal (when full ferocity)

Battle Roar: cast normally (without targeting self) - aoe damage and reduce armor of enemy (when full ferocity)

because we should really do away with the efficiency of battle roar being both damage AND healing

Tschomb

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wav3Break View Post
Just to buffer Scarizard's post, I am currently tuning the new "Q-Train" destroyer knife cat damage window and I'm not gonna lie, this thing feels freaking awesome to pull off. You will knife more than you ever could and stab peoples faces like no tomorrow. Now time to balance and test it more :P. Again everything is subject to change.

I would also like to ask some questions:

How would you guys feel about Bola Strike being a skill shot?

How would you guys feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?

P.S. I think Bone Tooth is feeling pretty healthy building out of a Hunter's machete for all of you jungle Rangos out there .

Continue to give us great ideas guys we will continue to iterate and try our best to make sure Rengar becomes an awesome and healthy character!
With the bola strike, maybe make it sort of like Sejuani's ultimate, except:
On impact, it will slow by 99% in an area for... (Like Thresh's ult)

MooShanka

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wav3Break View Post
Just to buffer Scarizard's post, I am currently tuning the new "Q-Train" destroyer knife cat damage window and I'm not gonna lie, this thing feels freaking awesome to pull off. You will knife more than you ever could and stab peoples faces like no tomorrow. Now time to balance and test it more :P. Again everything is subject to change.

I would also like to ask some questions:

How would you guys feel about Bola Strike being a skill shot?

How would you guys feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?

P.S. I think Bone Tooth is feeling pretty healthy building out of a Hunter's machete for all of you jungle Rangos out there .

Continue to give us great ideas guys we will continue to iterate and try our best to make sure Rengar becomes an awesome and healthy character!

I've always felt point and click bola is a little out of flavor for a hunter/assassin. There's gotta be skill to being a trained/master killer. Especially, because, unlike Ryze, the idea is he's throwing something and not casting something. That's more of a "feeling" like Rengar than any perspective on fluidity "kit-wise."