A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raiyn

07-17-2013

Don't worry Scarizard is going to go through with the change like he did with Karma and I'm sure it will turn out alright, Karma's ok now after all these recent buffs and nerfs right? Rengar won't be shelved away as a failed project when his ultimate makes no sense thematically or in game.

None of this is totally being done to appease ADCs and AP mages who don't at all whine about stealth while at the same time never buying wards or having any defenses or HP.

Totally fair to nerf assassins. Its very toxic to punish people for building no defenses, not warding and overall being squishy for having tons of damage.

Vdragoon

07-17-2013

stop it with turning everything into 5s-6s fights, please just stop it. i do not any to see more assassins being turned to bruisers. adcs are not the only ones who should get to kill someone in 2s. rengar is an assassin and as such does not need to be changed. your ult suggestion though is good and really that should be the only change.

if these bad remakes keep going through you guys need to give us an option to refund the hero.

lntrospective

Recruiter

07-17-2013

Sooooo riots just posted this.

Assassin

"An assassin is an agile champion that specializes in killing or disabling high value targets. Focused on infiltration, deception, and mobility, assassins are opportunistic hunters who find favorable moments within a fight before jumping into the fray. Regardless of the size of the enemy team, assassins specialize in positioning and artful killing. They strike when the time is right – no sooner, no later."

This is what rengar is an assassin i dont understand why you're changing him to be useless, all he has is the element of surprise and the damage after that he's done. He goes for high priority targets and gets the job done. He will never be a bruiser, HE WILL NEVER GET PLAYED if you go through with the changes, he's barely played now as it is 6% pick rate and a 45% win rate why nerf him i dont understand?

Also would you please stop saying that changing his ulti and giving him the feeling of chasing someone down, A REAL! predator does not announce him self before he strikes so just drop that please, oh hey ima shoot this deer but ima hit it with a rock to the head first than try and shoot it, like please.

Now he's gonna get outclassed both as a bruiser as an assassin. F it im going shen for split pushing bruiser and Zed for burst assassin no reason to come close to Rengar after these changes.

So while were on the topic of destroying every burst assassin lets look at zed, he has two escapes a 60% slow a teleport with a slow, and burst that takes two seconds to finish (press R use E than Botrk than ignite than Q) just walk away and watch him take 50% of that damage again. The reason rengar is played is because he's fun he's not better than zed so why the nerf on him like seriously, did you just wake up one night and thought "I need to nerf rengar."

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2013

Honestly, I'm fine with killing the attack speed and the triple Q. As long as you make savagery ACTUALLY hurt. The skill literally adds 150 damage to a normal attack, and it's his main source of damage. That's completely pathetic. I don't care if you remove the attack speed, just make the spell do some decent damage.

And I agree. You're saying one thing, but the changes point to another. You're saying that he'll still be "Bursty" but you're removing damage (which, frankly, in comparison to other assassins, he kind of needs) in order to make him tankier. Remove any more damage and he'll become a bruiser. NO ONE wants rengar to be tankier with less damage. Make him slipperier, give him some way to escape fights (like other assassins) and even gut his stealth if you want to. Just don't make him a bruiser. Make him an assassin.

Minkle

07-17-2013

To me, Rengar has always felt an all in bruiser kind of assassin, comparable to nocturne in some ways. Noct's kit paints him as an inescapable horror, that could appear at any time, and that works.

WW also kinda has this feel, and while his kit doesn't quite work as well, blood scent still makes you feel like a hunter, closing in on your weakened prey.

Rengar should kill people fast, but not as fast as Kha'zix. Carefully managing your skills/fury makes Rengar interesting and unique, but it shouldn't pull him out of his purpose. He shouldn't kill things as fast as Kha'zix. Rengar feels tenacious, clever, persistent and deadly. He seems the kind of champ who will hound you, harassing and attacking and chasing down all but the most mobile of foes until they are weak enough for him to go in for the kill.

Kha is a reset assassin who needs to kill in order to not be a waste of space, Rengar doesn't need to be that. I know we have a ton of bruiser's already, but I think that just fit's Rengar better, and helps make him and Kha feel very different. I don't care as much about the mechanics, just keep it so they are very distinct champs, with distinct styles. ^_^

Minkle

07-17-2013

Also, I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but why not make Bonetooth Necklace Rengar's Passive. He stacks up "Trophy"'s passively, and that way you don't have to worry about anything except the cool abilities it can give.

Hyde from Darius

07-17-2013

No. NO. Bad Scarizard, BAD! Don't ruin the only champion in the game that actually fits the description of assassin simply because you find his kit to be "toxic" as it is absolutely not toxic.

Atyres

07-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkle View Post
Also, I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but why not make Bonetooth Necklace Rengar's Passive. He stacks up "Trophy"'s passively, and that way you don't have to worry about anything except the cool abilities it can give.
I actually really like this, then they can move the jump to one of his abilities, that way he isn't jumping at level 1, maybe on his E so you now have to decide whether at level 1 you want to jump on foes and have range or if you want to be able to start stacking Q's early.

Superbone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2013

Honestly, I feel like his laning is really meh because he has to all-in but he can't engage except with full ferocity, and his jungle starts really weak (before he gets points in all his abilities). He feels like Renekton but without the strength of a good early game.

Doctor Dibby

07-17-2013

Pretty disheartening; Scarizard failing to understand an assassin is SUPPOSED to kill someone in 1-2 seconds when he catches them out of position, not trade AAs for 5-6 seconds.