Does pushing Nunu move his ult?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carnations

11-09-2010

So I was playing Janna, and a Nunu decides to ult our team. I press R and push him away. Being on a somewhat slow computer, it was kind of hard to tell, but it looked like the red circle of his ult was still in the same spot.

My questions are:

Does pushing Nunu away move his ult with him? Alternatively does it stop the ult, since Nunu isn't even supposed to be able to move? Also is this the same for something like Alistar's headbutt?

Orharnah

11-09-2010

Nunu's ult is a channeled ult, which means he must stay still to use it. When he moves it ends.

Janna's ult acts as an interrupt meaning it can stop channeled ults.

Malzahar, galio, nunu, katarina all have channeled ults.

Janna (ult), poppy dash, trist (ult), alistair's headbutt are some examples of interrupts.

These ults can also be stopped by stunning or silencing.

Hope this helps

Rinoa

eSports Coordinator

11-09-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Other channeled ults I can think of right now are Miss Fortune, Warwick, Karthus, Pantheon, Shen, Fiddlesticks (charge up), and Janna

Orharnah

11-09-2010

Good additions!

So we have:
Miss Fortune, Warwick, Karthus, Pantheon, Shen, Fiddlesticks (charge up), Janna, Malzahar, Nunu, Galio, Katarina

^all have channeled ults that can be countered by an interrupt such as moving them, silencing, or stunning.

It is also worth noting that anivia's ult persists while she moves, but ends Shen she is silenced or too far away from the circle

Shoto Matrony

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
Other channeled ults I can think of right now are Miss Fortune, Warwick, Karthus, Pantheon, Shen, Fiddlesticks (charge up), and Janna
Yeah lets forget about the ORIGINAL Miss Fortune...

Carnations

11-09-2010

Ezreal has a channeled ult too. But anyway, thanks for answering the question so quickly.

Crs Xpecial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-09-2010

Ezreal has a channeled ult but it can't be canceled (due to a bug).

Kyuketsuki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-10-2010

It's not that I don't think Ezreal's ult can be cancelled, it's because the wind up is one second, so typically by the time you see it and commit to stopping it due to lag, human reflexes, and the time it takes to target Ez, you cc after the channel is finished.

Although I could be wrong, but that's what I always thought

pretumos

Recruiter

11-10-2010

Pushpushpushpushpushpushpush

Circle of Manias

11-10-2010

Nope. It disrupts it, and it is "broken", so it doesn't happen. BUT! He has to wait for the cooldown. You can also taunt him or stun him during his ult to stop it, before he activates it