A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EspeonageTieler

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky27 View Post
Just talk to OnlyRengar. Guy plays more Rengar than anyone else in the world probably and likely knows him better than some riot employees.
he made a very good post about hopefully riot actully listens to him but who knows since it doenst seem like they really care that much about what we think

The Dunkmaster

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky27 View Post
Just talk to OnlyRengar. Guy plays more Rengar than anyone else in the world probably and likely knows him better than some riot employees.
Nearly everyone knows more about Rengar than Riot's balancing team.

CTW Shadow Ice

07-16-2013

[QUOTE=Scarizard;39838888]I'm unaware that a 5 second increase in stealth duration, a massive increase in vision range, 20% increase in movement speed and a lower cooldown were not buffs o.o? If they're not enough compensation for the counterplay we introduce, they're just numbers - and can always be tuned. Rengar could move faster and stealth longer - but the amount of the counterplay that exists on live for this spell is unacceptable if our goal is to balance rengar.

you buff the movement speed(20% only), range, duration,
but the skill is useless due to you add a poor barking before he use his R, ww e buff is permanent if he keep active his E, did rengar can ACTIVE his R ????

the notice of R completely destroy his R if the movement speed increase 20% only

you need to wait 1 sec before invisible, so enemy is already have 1 sec to fall back before you can jump

The Dunkmaster

07-16-2013

Scarizard, does Rengar get his fade timer removed?

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

07-16-2013
15 of 81 Riot Posts

So i lied earlier when i said i was going to get food - i've just been reading posts and trying to respond.

Had a good talk with OnlyRengar, got a couple of ideas as well as getting some from the thread. I'm going to Tenerife, Spain for a few days starting Thursday morning with a group of Rioters for the EU Pro Player Conference, but Wav3break will be here manning the thread and updating you on our iterations.

For those of you who don't like the changes, i still thank you for your feedback. I don't want to ruin Rengar. I just want him to be more healthy for the game as a whole with appropriate counterplay so that he can be a generally better experience for our game.

Gonna go grab that food now - i might poke around later on before i pass out. Thanks again for the feedback, friends.

ChocoKelly

07-16-2013

Scarizard, my final post.

Please contact with these players and take their thoughts, please do this atleast.

Dekar173 (via Reddit), Ninfang/Ryan Choi, Daemonchorro, Only Rengar.

The Dunkmaster

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
So i lied earlier when i said i was going to get food - i've just been reading posts and trying to respond.

Had a good talk with OnlyRengar, got a couple of ideas as well as getting some from the thread. I'm going to Tenerife, Spain for a few days starting Thursday morning with a group of Rioters for the EU Pro Player Conference, but Wav3break will be here manning the thread and updating you on our iterations.

For those of you who don't like the changes, i still thank you for your feedback. I don't want to ruin Rengar. I just want him to be more healthy for the game as a whole with appropriate counterplay so that he can be a generally better experience for our game.

Gonna go grab that food now - i might poke around later on before i pass out. Thanks again for the feedback, friends.
First thing first.

Is he being redesigned as an assassin or bruiser/tanky dps.

I really hope he's an assassin.

Signature13

07-16-2013

Quote:
Could you at least try to prevent forcing Rengar into a jungling role.. Especially by preventing his bonetooth necklace from being built out of a machete..

Mango027

07-16-2013

Quote:

Where did you talk with him, what insight did he give?

Troy242621

07-16-2013

Quote:
I would just like him to kill people over 5 or 6 seconds than 1 to 2.
Rengar doesn't HAVE five or six seconds. I'll tell you from experience, after about TWO seconds give or take, he's being chain-CCed and focused during a teamfight. He's an assassin. He SHOULD kill quickly. I agree being gibbed out of nowhere would be pretty lame, but you added counterplay to the ultimate. Let's not ruin his burst while we're at it, please. We have enough tanky CC junglers,...I can understand playing with numbers, but please don't turn him into a tanky DPS. He's an assassin, he ought to have assassin burst.