Spirit Guard Udyr will be released a little bit after the patch goes live

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kira Onime

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grucio View Post
So we won't get the Udyr bug fix till next patch because it's on the PBE?

Lol assuming bug fixes and new content are the same.

SockSniffer

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira Onime View Post
The problems with 3.9 won't magically dissapear just because you upgrade to 3.10
I feel like you didn't even read my posts.

In the very first one I say that the issues with the servers and the PBE crashes should be resolved and just to bump SGU to 3.10 in an effort to get the game stable and hopefully GE people interested in the new champion as well as the skin.

The worst thing I think they can do now though is to remain silent on the issue

We should get some kind of update on if the skin is still slated for release "early this week" or if it is in fact bing delayed again. And if it is being delayed again don't give us a timeframe for its release this time other than "when the game is stable" and "when it is ready" going back to an open ended release date will probably calm people down and get public attention focused on the main issue, game stability, rather than a new skin.

SanyoJacknife

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SockSniffer View Post
I feel like you didn't even read my posts.

In the very first one I say that the issues with the servers and the PBE crashes should be resolved and just to bump SGU to 3.10 in an effort to get the game stable and hopefully GE people interested in the new champion as well as the skin.

The worst thing I think they can do now though is to remain silent on the issue

We should get some kind of update on if the skin is still slated for release "early this week" or if it is in fact bing delayed again. And if it is being delayed again don't give us a timeframe for its release this time other than "when the game is stable" and "when it is ready" going back to an open ended release date will probably calm people down and get public attention focused on the main issue, game stability, rather than a new skin.
Well said

Damiya

Technical Analyst

07-16-2013
8 of 16 Riot Posts

Hey guys,
I can't provide an update on SGU (other than to say that, to the best of my knowledge, the 'early this week' timetable remains accurate), but I can talk a little more about the tech stuff.

Last Tuesday, around the same time we released the 3.9 patch, we started getting tons of reports of disconnects and stuff. That plus a number of other hotfixes to the game code, constitutes the bulk of the issues that pushed back Udyr last week. While investigation remains ongoing into the PVP.Net disconnect issues (And if you're experiencing them, I'd like to direct you guys to this thread, which has suggested temporary fixes

Once again, your passion and commitment are to be applauded, and hopefully we'll have more info to share with y'all soon. I realise this remains a super vague post, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not forgotten

Grucio

07-16-2013

Downvote me all you want, but that comment says the same as the other 7 red posts in this thread.

blizzardpenguin

07-16-2013

Grucio, don't be rude. Damiya is doing what she can to make Riot's presence known. Her constant visits are just to remind us that they want to get SGU to us as soon as possible.

That being said, I'd just like to point out that SGU's death animation files have been added to the PBE and may be the "surprise" Damiya once spoke about. You never know ;]

SanyoJacknife

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
Hey guys,
I can't provide an update on SGU (other than to say that, to the best of my knowledge, the 'early this week' timetable remains accurate), but I can talk a little more about the tech stuff.

Last Tuesday, around the same time we released the 3.9 patch, we started getting tons of reports of disconnects and stuff. That plus a number of other hotfixes to the game code, constitutes the bulk of the issues that pushed back Udyr last week. While investigation remains ongoing into the PVP.Net disconnect issues (And if you're experiencing them, I'd like to direct you guys to this thread, which has suggested temporary fixes

Once again, your passion and commitment are to be applauded, and hopefully we'll have more info to share with y'all soon. I realise this remains a super vague post, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not forgotten
Thank you for the update

SockSniffer

07-16-2013

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks for the update.
Hopefully you are correct about the current release schedule
If not I will be disappointed but understand

TheRarePandaBear

07-16-2013

Quote:
Hey guys,

so everyone saying that phreak said late august are just trolling?

Damiya

Technical Analyst

07-16-2013
9 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankgar View Post
so everyone saying that phreak said late august are just trolling?
Yes.