PSA: Do Not Pin League of Legends to the Dock

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yangpoo

06-22-2013

Just reinstalled LoL from scratch and it seemed to fix the problem.
Now I just run the app from finder.

There is still some lag spikes, but there is just too many reasons behind a lag spike I guess.

ButterPenguin

06-22-2013

What about:
- pinning an alias of LoL to the dock?
- putting LoL in a folder that's on the dock?

Gsecas9992

06-23-2013

I pinned it, it broke, I deleted every lol file, re installed and still getting the errors and the random disconnects from client, in game it freezes from time to time too.
Already running from the finder, and still que dodged me 2 times now in ranked, lost all my LP from my last won game and it keeps doing it....

EDIT: BTW my account is in LAN but LAN support/riot staff is to bad over there, it takes 5 days to answer a ticket and no one answers in the support forums, also there is no mac forums over there.

EDIT: third dodge today, **** this game.

EDIT: 4th game in a row. Gonna send a ticket to see if i can get a refund on those dodges, if not then im not playing league of legends till this is fixed.

Stevemode

Master Recruiter

06-27-2013

I dont have this issue. The closest problem I have to this is that I have a seperate icon for client and launcher, but thats not a big deal.

HowlingLord

07-09-2013

Only found this thread recently. Up till now my LoL client was working alright, just a few lag spikes now and then, but then it just pinned itself to the dock (must have accidentally stuck it there, idk) and I can't play the game. I've tried going through and deleting it along with everything else and reinstall the game, but the pinned client won't go into the trash. Any ideas on what I can do?

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

07-10-2013
8 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlingLord View Post
Only found this thread recently. Up till now my LoL client was working alright, just a few lag spikes now and then, but then it just pinned itself to the dock (must have accidentally stuck it there, idk) and I can't play the game. I've tried going through and deleting it along with everything else and reinstall the game, but the pinned client won't go into the trash. Any ideas on what I can do?
Right-click on the Icon. Go to Options and uncheck Keep in Dock. Does that work?

kiritosao000

07-10-2013

THX!!! Bro that is very nice of u.

Canibalpoptart99

07-16-2013

I don't have League in my applications. So, how would I put the application on the dock?

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

07-17-2013
9 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibalpoptart99 View Post
I don't have League in my applications. So, how would I put the application on the dock?
You can do the drag and drop from wherever you installed League of Legends.app. Please note I'd highly recommend putting it in the Applications folder because folders on the Mac have special meanings.

Cyndakill

07-17-2013

I Put it in my dock but I have never noticed any "big" problems though I DO get sorta few fps
30 fps with mediumish graphics though my mac is like 5 years old running mountain lion
its a macbook pro
However, I also do get 2 L's in my doc when running in it and that when I'm in the summoning screen before every match my mouse gets the swirling rainbow ball of doom, and it freezes but it always fixes itself after a minute.
I'm still scared of problems though cuz on my other mac (a lot faster 60 fps high)i pinned it to the dock
and occasionally got lag spikes, until one time my fps dropped like 40 until messed around the graphics settings 9000x.
if I unpin the the client from the dock do I have to do delete all the files and reinstall?
Or do I just need to take it off the dock?

1234567 ... 9