Text too small on 1080p TV display

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VirtualPlay

07-14-2013

I've always had this issue where all of the in-game text (summoner name, level, damage/gold numbers, etc.) were way to small to read, if I could even see it at all. I've seen people saying that the Retina display Macs have this issue, but I play on a 2011 Mac Mini hooked up to my 42" 1080p television. I've tried switching the resolution to a smaller one when I play fullscreen, but the text stays the same relative smallness compared to the UI elements (e.g. my summoner name is the same amount smaller compared to my health bar, even when the smaller resolution makes the bar slightly larger). Switching to Windowed or Borderless does not change anything.

System specs:
Mac mini
Mid 2011
2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

Connected via HDMI cable to a 42" Vizio TV (E420VL) at 1920 x 1080 resolution

Mirror

07-15-2013

Yes, right now there's nothing you can do to change the size of the text as your resolution changes.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

07-15-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We currently don't have any options for text scaling in the hud options. It's something thats on our long TODO list.

Is the text much smaller compared to using a monitor? It should actually end up being bigger if you're using the same resolution as a monitor.

Michael the Roc

07-16-2013

I am having the same problem when I plug my Mac laptop into my TV. The text is too small and almost unreadable on the large display.

Sire Fapalot

11-26-2013

Get on that TODO list please. My eyes just exploded trying to read the size 6 font for items list on my retina Macbook Pro.

littlemissgamer

07-03-2014

was this resolved? i'm having this issue today

The SAO Asuna

07-13-2014

Would really love for this problem to be fixed.

DeerBare19

9 Hours Ago

Not to mention you can't tell what level anyone is unless you tab! Really sucks when laning ~6. Bumped.