Let's talk about Yorick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toasterfree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2013

TBH im tired of hearing about all the reworks. skill>counter play.

TDS Spoderman

07-13-2013

i know that Yorick inst the next priority in Riot's list but can we get a small teaser of whats going on with him ?

Histrionicly

07-14-2013

Fantasy of Yorick: His ghouls make his game play mechanics unique from other top lane champions
What i like about Yorick: Bullying top lane is fun, and i like the concept of using ghouls.
What i dislike about playing Yorick: Even if i get pretty fed early game, 8/1/3-ish by 20 minutes, my late game is terrible.

Histrionicly

07-14-2013

Could Yorick be made into a stance-based champion similar to Udyr. Maybe each skill would give him a passive, and activating the ability would allow one permanent ghoul, that would give him a buff (attack damage, movement speed etc.) Activating another ability would replace the other ghoul.The ghoul could also be made to attack units.His ultimate would activate all of the ghouls from his abilities instead of only one.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

07-15-2013
56 of 123 Riot Posts

I had this idea for a Yorick kit come to mind while I was sitting in bed tonight.

What do you think? Clarification: Spirits are ghoul ammo. Can't make ghouls if you have 0 ammo.

Name:  yorick_pitch_5.jpg
Views: 73494
Size:  192.4 KB

amadian1

07-15-2013

cant wait for new yorick! Xelnath is my new favorite rioter after this and new xerath.

One thing i did notice is that blood mark seems a little weak. At level 5 its only healing for 15, dont you think thats a bit on the low side?

Xelnath

Systems Designer

07-15-2013
57 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadian1 View Post
cant wait for new yorick! Xelnath is my new favorite rioter after this and new xerath.

One thing i did notice is that blood mark seems a little weak. At level 5 its only healing for 15, dont you think thats a bit on the low side?
Best not to fixate on numbers. Imagine it has something appropriate there

vasheenomed

07-15-2013

personally one problem I see with using the ghouls as an ammo source is they become less of npc's and more of just.... ammo XD...... I feel like the abilities should be centered around the ghouls and not around yorick..... it feels weird for a necromancer tobe casting things himself instead of having his minions do it for him.... and plus this really feels like an army o.o...... ghouls shoul be meaningful... whre as this promotes lots of spamming of spells and really would feel too similar to how he is now...... I think the final thing should have less ghouls than this and have them have a more meaningful impact... I like the idea of being able to Upgrade a ghoul.....

but honestly I think positioning ghouls is important... perhaps catapaulting a ghoul with his shovel... make it like maokai's exploding little thing excpet it actually lasts? I just think having at least 1 move to help with ghoul positioning will make his kit feel less random..... and more strategic

Weirding ways

07-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I had this idea for a Yorick kit come to mind while I was sitting in bed tonight.

What do you think? Clarification: Spirits are ghoul ammo. Can't make ghouls if you have 0 ammo.

Attachment 730649
I'm wondering, how does the %damage absorption stack with multiple ghouls? if he has 2 does that mean he only takes 80% damage? and would that technically make him temporarily invulnerable in the best case scenario with his ult since 100% of damage taken would be spread out amongst his 10 ghouls?

TheHawkbat

07-15-2013

So you can have up to 10 ghouls with your ult? That sounds scary. Its already annoying when Elise has 5 pets surrounding her, since they block most of your spells (try finishing her with a mystic shot or land a Sonic Wave: nope!) and make you missclick them when they are close to her.

This is my major concern with giving a champion an army of pets. Oh, and unit collision.