ETA on new Diana skin?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnderworldH4des

07-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Pretty sure there's a Zyra skin in the 3D pipeline. I have no clue when it's supposed to come out however. Zyra is a lot of models, a lot of animations, and a lot of particles. She's a rough one for being such a simple plant-lady.
Can't wait =D....and i've seen some nice fan concepts for her, Flower of darkness, Metal Zyra and what now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0 View Post
Cuz Heaven forbid someone like Rumble get a skin.

Yeah that awesome total remodel with tons of new particles totally shouldn't count.
Oh you mean that recolor that's 1350 RP now? And was 975 RP before? Nah, that recolor skin isn't worth that much tbh imo.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

07-12-2013
3 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Cuz Heaven forbid someone like Rumble get a skin. Better churn out skins for late 2012 champs instead.

Yeah that awesome total remodel with tons of new particles totally shouldn't count.
i've said this a lot.

Rumble is completely unusable in his current form for anything other than a jalopy mech. Every cool fan submission, every awesome concept seen, is impossible to do on his current rig and animation set. Basically, the next skin will be a completely new champion in terms of concept, modeling, rigging, animation, and VFX. He's extremely resource intensive and a real pain to work with.

Any subsequent skin for him will basically be the same amount of work as a legendary.

Keep that in mind.

Agnostic

07-12-2013

Any Viktor skins in the works?

Raptearer

Recruiter

07-12-2013

Quote:
i've said this a lot.

Rumble is completely unusable in his current form for anything other than a jalopy mech. Every cool fan submission, every awesome concept seen, is impossible to do on his current rig and animation set. Basically, the next skin will be a completely new champion in terms of concept, modeling, rigging, animation, and VFX. He's extremely resource intensive and a real pain to work with.

Any subsequent skin for him will basically be the same amount of work as a legendary.

Keep that in mind.
Have you guys thought of updating him so that you could be allowed to create new skins for him? As much as I like Rumble as he is now, I'd be willing to see him change if it meant new skins were possible for him.

Also, any word on if we'll be seeing a new Kog or Xerath skin anytime soon?

Emmortahl

07-12-2013

Quote:
Cuz Heaven forbid someone like Rumble get a skin. Better churn out skins for late 2012 champs instead.
I believe he should get in line far behind Urgot and his ilk.

IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0

07-12-2013

Quote:
i've said this a lot.

Rumble is completely unusable in his current form for anything other than a jalopy mech. Every cool fan submission, ever awesome concept seen, is impossible to do on his current rig and animation set. Basically, the next skin will be a completely new champion in terms of concept, modeling, rigging, animation, and VFX. He's extremely resource intensive and a real pain to work with.

Keep that in mind.
I'm sure you could make a really nifty looking jalopy mech though!

While we're at it... what about... uh.. Viktor? Karma (not sure if she counts cuz she got a relaunch)? Skarner? Yorick?

Not sure how champions who have gotten new skins, but said skins are no longer available would figure into this equation of mine (looking at you pony and fencer).

Honorable mention for champs like Evelynn or Nasus who do have additional skins, but haven't received them in a long time or have had some locked down (both in her case)

Quote:
I believe he should get in line far behind Urgot and his ilk.
I took Urgot off my list when he got robo-urgot.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

07-12-2013
4 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptearer View Post
Have you guys thought of updating him so that you could be allowed to create new skins for him? As much as I like Rumble as he is now, I'd be willing to see him change if it meant new skins were possible for him.

Also, any word on if we'll be seeing a new Kog or Xerath skin anytime soon?
The new skin in progress will be a much better foundation to build further skins off of. We can do this with a few things. A relaunch can be built on a new rig that was created from a skin if it meets quality standards.

UltimaFatum

07-12-2013

Quote:
Did a concept for her new skin, I don't believe it is yet into the 3D pipeline however.
Is Diana still with the moon in that concept, or did she explore her solari roots?

JoeDerp

07-12-2013

Quote:
i've said this a lot.

Keep that in mind.
I'd have absolutely no problem with you pricing a new Rumble skin at the Legendary tier, if that's the amount of work required.

ExLegacy

07-12-2013

Quote:
i've said this a lot.

Keep that in mind.

Then give him a legendary and get it over with. Please don't give the next ultimate to yet ANOTHER underplayed champ.

123456 ... 10