New Master Yi Overview [As of Today PBE] + Pics

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoro The Otter

07-10-2013

It seems like he has a weaker early game and that his E is much weaker until you get a bunch of items.

MMHSTerror

07-10-2013

Well, there is now not a single scenario where it would be worth using or leveling up Meditate. Aside from the slightly increased DPS due to true damage, the reworked Yi will never be considered a combination of AP and AD Yi. Using Alpha strike decreases your DPS and does not allow you to lifesteal, he will be much easier to explode since he has to last long enough in the fray to refresh that Q.

Also I have to disagree on this part;

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNinjaFuHiya View Post
The only things an AP Yi player would feel different about in this new Yi is:
*Having to build AD and Crit items (More like a completely different build)
*New sustained damage along with familiar burst (Non-existent burst)

Homura Chan

07-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro The Otter View Post
It seems like he has a weaker early game and that his E is much weaker until you get a bunch of items.
as far as I know his clears has became extremely faster with the reduced q using autos, this allows him to counterjungle extremely easily more than he ever did before.

Samenko

07-10-2013

Seems like a pure mid/top AD caster slot now. Jungle won't see serious play, it will be like his current jungle.

His Q seems ridiculous now though. It's like Parlayx4 that can reset.... (GP cries in a corner)

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

07-10-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Glad you're positive on Yi! Relaunch did a ****ing amazing job with it I must say, especially RiotDudeBro's work on particles. I gotta hand it to the guy!

Thanks a ton for the feedback and the well constructed post. It's really appreciated! Make sure you submit this stuff on the PBE forums. I'll also see if I can take some of it back to the team and check things out.

Battletick

07-10-2013

Is it just me or does Meditate suck now, seems like it's really nerfed for AD Yi as well.

Atelophobia

07-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Glad you're positive on Yi! Relaunch did a ****ing amazing job with it I must say, especially RiotDudeBro's work on particles. I gotta hand it to the guy!

Thanks a ton for the feedback and the well constructed post. It's really appreciated! Make sure you submit this stuff on the PBE forums. I'll also see if I can take some of it back to the team and check things out.
offensive language. report pls.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

07-10-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEthereality View Post
offensive language. report pls.
I sent it into Player Support directly.

My bad

AnthonyYang

07-10-2013

The assassin skin is no longer a joke
Can you convince hippalus to sell it again?

StriderBlackwolf

07-10-2013

How are they building him in PBE