Extremely Slow Loading, and low FPS start of the game

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

President Obama

06-26-2013

I have tried turning FPS to benchmark, all Video settings on Low, Full screen, closed background Apps.
Running OS X 10.8.4
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

What's happening:
- Loading screen takes a long time.
- The loading isn't consistent: it bursts to like 7%, freezes (everyone else's load for me freezes too), I can't alt+tab or anything. After a while everyone starts loading again and if I alt tabbed earlier, it tabs out now. It freezes again, usually around 80-90%, and then freezes one more time at Summoning, and while everyone is already in game, I have to wait, and usually get in around 30 seconds in game.
- During the first 3-5ish seconds, I get very low (1-2) fps, which is annoying when buying items I will usually end up getting weird items because of the lag.

Is it perhaps due to my kernel task process in Activity Monitor having a 'Real Memory' of over 1gb? Thanks for any help

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

06-26-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Hmmm. You shouldn't' be seeing this drastic of symptoms on that spec. Can you post your r3d logs?

President Obama

06-26-2013

Thanks for the reply. Here are the most recent four

Attached Files
File Type: txt 2013-06-26T22-25-26_r3dlog.txt (102.7 KB, 186 views)
File Type: txt 2013-06-26T23-05-40_r3dlog.txt (100 Bytes, 30 views)
File Type: txt 2013-06-26T20-34-48_r3dlog.txt (68.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: txt 2013-06-26T20-52-50_r3dlog.txt (100 Bytes, 33 views)

President Obama

07-10-2013

Bumping this. Still sucks, especially in ranked/tournament play when I can't even join level 1 stuff until 30 seconds in :[

Brentmeister

07-10-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Sorry I must have missed this over the long weekend.

It looks like you have some missing/corrupted files. Have you tried re-installing?
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/redownload

I updated the installers about a week ago to fix some of the common places where corruption could occur.

leonresevil2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2013

Hope I'm not interfering, but the title caught my attention because I have this issue too (on PC), extremely slow loading and non-existent framerate at the start, but it only seems to be the first time I boot the game since turning the PC on. After that it is fine. I only play on the weekend so I'd have to check things then, but I always figured that was normal or expected performance on the first start. It would be nice to have a solution.

Brentmeister

07-10-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonresevil2 View Post
Hope I'm not interfering, but the title caught my attention because I have this issue too (on PC), extremely slow loading and non-existent framerate at the start, but it only seems to be the first time I boot the game since turning the PC on. After that it is fine. I only play on the weekend so I'd have to check things then, but I always figured that was normal or expected performance on the first start. It would be nice to have a solution.
Your issue sounds like heavily fragmented game files. Consider running a defragger like SmartDefrag(thats what I use at home at least). After you've loaded once the OS is probably keeping the game files in cache so subsequent loads are quicker. Of course, you lose this cache everytime you reboot.

Arkensth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2013

I get into game about 1 minute into the actual game, and I get somewhere from 0-10 fps for about 20 seconds. This only started happening with the new patch.

Running 10.6.8 on 4GB (32-bit though) and 2.16ghz duo core.

edit: apparently the problem fixed itself?