Riot; I challenge you to make a better skin for Udyr than Primal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot DudeBro

VFX Artist

07-06-2013
16 of 17 Riot Posts

I'm afraid to do this, as it will probably feed the trolls, but I'd like to give a bit more information on this topic

SGU was in the works for over 9 months. During those 9 months, we worked on other stuff on top of SGU. I know I was apart of stuff like the Trundle rework, Lissandra, Vi, Eternum Nocturne, Steel Legion Garen (just to name just a few). While working on the skin, we would change directions, we would increase scope, and collected a lot of feedback from other players in the company. There was one version of SGU that had a million particles everywhere and versions where it was very subtle(just to give you an example).

Hope this clears things up.

SilverHellion

07-06-2013

I'm going to buy it day one. I have seen it and well.. It looks ****ing amazing. There will always be that 10%, I learned that in the Corps, just ignore them and keep doing what your doing Riot.

Boyahda

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot DudeBro View Post
There was one version of SGU that had a million particles everywhere and versions where it was very subtle(just to give you an example).
Any way we could see those? Or have you burnt the evidence already?

Riot DudeBro

VFX Artist

07-06-2013
17 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyahda View Post
Any way we could see those? Or have you burnt the evidence already?
I personally nuked that from space

Janna F Kennedy

07-06-2013

dem necro

Evelynn Butt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2013

One of the weirdest things I see on game forums is people who think that the final version that they see is the single thing that has been worked on ever since the project was started. It's like they think everything in the world is done like the essays they did in high school - one take, no breaks, no editing or proofreading or revisions.

lightdragoon88

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot DudeBro View Post
I personally nuked that from space

We just need to contact Zilean then.

Fortus

07-06-2013

well thanks! Now you will make another bad udyr player (me) go out there making my teammate's life a living hell....hahahahhaa, loving the bear particles though!

Foonakie

07-06-2013

Can I ask why you chose to go with something so close to his 2 other skins instead of doing something outside the box?

It's been years and he finally gets a new skin and it's literally a super fancy version of his base skin.

Hellioning

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foonakie View Post
Can I ask why you chose to go with something so close to his 2 other skins instead of doing something outside the box?

It's been years and he finally gets a new skin and it's literally a super fancy version of his base skin.
I'm wondering this too. I mean, it's a very good skin, the particles and models look amazing ,etc.

But it's quite literally 'Udyr, if we made him today.'

Basically the only thing unique about this skin is the max level model change.