Players experiencing high ping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inepsa

07-05-2013

Played a normal match that lasted ~45 minutes. didnt notice any ping spikes, and had no disconnects at all. Lets see how it does as traffic picks up tonight tho.

DrRowan

07-05-2013

Pinging 216.52.255.103 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 216.52.255.103: bytes=32 time=75ms TTL=241
Reply from 216.52.255.103: bytes=32 time=138ms TTL=241
Reply from 216.52.255.103: bytes=32 time=222ms TTL=241
Reply from 216.52.255.103: bytes=32 time=242ms TTL=241

Ping statistics for 216.52.255.103:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 75ms, Maximum = 242ms, Average = 169ms

My ingame is usually around 80-90 but today it's been 300-600. Sometimes it dips down to normal for a minute then it goes back to 400+. I'm on ATT DSL.

Gabo7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2013

Riot say something please . The lag spikes never end.

RiotAntares

Senior Network Engineer

07-05-2013
64 of 111 Riot Posts

I haven't forgotten about you all, I'm (we are) still working on it. I wish I had an update from Vz for everyone but I don't. I'm just as frustrated as you all if not more so. I've been promised three times now that I will get an update "today" and gotten nothing back. I've escalated both with internally at Riot and with Vz and we are continuing to press them. I will update you all as soon as I hear anything. Again, sorry and thanks for your ongoing patience.

?ak

07-05-2013

played 3 or 4 games the past few days, no lag at all! not sure if anything happened but if so, thanks!

Katsue

07-05-2013

still having lag spikes last few ranked games. Hope they find a fix for this soon

minsmins

07-05-2013

Having so many lag spikes

Gabo7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAntares View Post
I haven't forgotten about you all, I'm (we are) still working on it. I wish I had an update from Vz for everyone but I don't. I'm just as frustrated as you all if not more so. I've been promised three times now that I will get an update "today" and gotten nothing back. I've escalated both with internally at Riot and with Vz and we are continuing to press them. I will update you all as soon as I hear anything. Again, sorry and thanks for your ongoing patience.
Thank you Antares, keep it up

RandumXbboy

07-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAntares View Post
I personally see my ping has slowly returned to what I used to be. from what I did see it was Verizon and the company itself. because my Cable is also linked and was acting terrible the last 2 weeks. no clue why. I do not believe it was patch but Verizon fios itself. but personally for me I have got a huge decrease in my ping. Thanks a lot

Faelara

Recruiter

07-06-2013

I've had an issue on and off for weeks now between comcast and the LoL servers of my ping being fine, but having occasional periods lasting hours were I have packet loss making this game borderline unplayable for me.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about http://www.twitch.tv/faelara/b/425600118?t=3h22m55s

I'm detecting the packet loss by running a continuous ping on 216.52.255.13 (pretty sure this is one of your game servers)