Grumpy Monkey's Art Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talon Silverwing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
I think that's the tough question. What would you rather have? The females looking more like they belong with the likes of ziggs , rumble, teemo etc., or we take the males and make them more along the lines of tristana, poppy, and lulu.
Personally, I would much rather have them look more rodent like since that makes them feel like a more unique race within the League universe. The gnome Yordles are basically just small humans.

Rawrsome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2013

Corki just shaves. So does Kennen when in his ninja suit. The fur on their faces is nothing more than how Yordles grow pubic hair (Teemo hit puberty at a very early age), thus why we havent seen female Yordles with facial hair. Or this is a fantasy game and it doesnt really matter, they is how they is. Could we expect a female rodent Yordle champion?
Fizz and Twitch seem awfully close to being distant relatives to Yordles.

Maybe just Yordleficatify some champions? Yordle Ahri? Yourdlyr (Udyr)? Those would be dumb skins haha!
How about a bandageless Amumu skin? How about Annie has a joke where she says "I'm actually the worlds tallest Yordle!" Unlike General Oddbro I like Yordles. Please dont change them.

Lord Huckington

07-02-2013

I really hope you can find some Lulu Concept art, I am REALLY curious to see more of that as I really like to play Lulu

BlahBohogun

07-02-2013

I want Pigasus for champion April 2014.

SSJ Larkhart

Master Recruiter

07-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Works for Me.
Or we could say its facial hair. like and over-loaded beard and mustache.

on another topic, as a child I used to draw a lot, and then for some reason I stopped, I got into books and video games mostly, and it stayed that way until I ran into LoL, and the awesome splash arts of every champion.
I have recently started to draw again, although I prefer pencil over digital, I am learning how to use a wacom, bamboo pen and touch tablet. My dream is to become part of Riot, as part of the creative design team, creating concepts of champs/skins. and I wanted to know what is required in order to accomplish this, I am far away from reaching the details that the splash arts that new champs/skins have. But I am only 15 years old and I am willing to learn and practice in order to one day work with Riot.

TL;DR: I really like to draw.(mostly with pencil, I am learning digital) and want to know whats needed to become part of riot. I am 15 years old so I got some time. :P

Tygerian

07-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iripley View Post
Good I like em the way they are, this is a fantasy game. I do not see what is so wrong for a fantasy race to have the majority of the males look like animals while some look more human and the females are blue to purple. I could make up a reason that happens and explain it in 2 sentences. Here let me try.

Most males of the Yordle race have animal like features though some who associate with other races sometimes take on the features of that race through some mystical blah de blah. The females of the Yordle race are blue to purple and smooth skinned it is not clear why these differences occur, though certain Zaun scientists have expressed an interest in experimenting to see why.

And done
I'd rather they delete all yordles than make BS like this canon.

CheapySheepy

07-04-2013

On the topic of yordles, I hope that Lulu's classic+bittersweet+wicked skins get the work done to her face.
All the rest of the yordles have cute, small heads and such, whilst LuLu gains these massive cheeks out of nowhere.

They fixed this with the Dragon Trainer Lulu, which is amazing, but I wish the same could happen to the rest of her (I have all the skins and I play Dragon Trainer a lot more than the others just for this reason T_T)

I know that IronStylus said that it's on the list, but I just want to see if you are aware of this Grumpy, seeing as you may of modeled her.

Note: Your art is awesome, would love to see some Lissandra & Diana work if there is any you can grab on. <3333

http://i.imgur.com/PZ7H6rZ.jpg

Note: Image is not mines, and I have no idea who's it is sadly.

Aessah

07-04-2013

Ooooohhh my gosh I love looking at the Soraka concepts! ♥~ I love Soraka so much, it's so interesting seeing her with feet instead of hooves on your concept sheet. I also really liked horn option C, so different and neat.

Aahh akjhsd it's just so cool to see this kind of stuff, thanks for sharing!
I love looking through all of the concept artwork and whatnot.
Really appreciate you uploading this stuff for us to see, and great job! Your stuff looks so amazing! ♥

Sadistic Lulu

Recruiter

07-05-2013

still loving your concepts, keep updating

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

07-05-2013
30 of 34 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapySheepy View Post
On the topic of yordles, I hope that Lulu's classic+bittersweet+wicked skins get the work done to her face.
All the rest of the yordles have cute, small heads and such, whilst LuLu gains these massive cheeks out of nowhere.

They fixed this with the Dragon Trainer Lulu, which is amazing, but I wish the same could happen to the rest of her (I have all the skins and I play Dragon Trainer a lot more than the others just for this reason T_T)

I know that IronStylus said that it's on the list, but I just want to see if you are aware of this Grumpy, seeing as you may of modeled her.

Note: Your art is awesome, would love to see some Lissandra & Diana work if there is any you can grab on. <3333

http://i.imgur.com/PZ7H6rZ.jpg

Note: Image is not mines, and I have no idea who's it is sadly.
Thanks for the kind words you guys.
Cheepysheepy, that is a great image and pretty much exactly what I was thinking. It might be a while though before we get to Lulu. Still have to get through the worst offenders. When the time comes though, I would love to just get all the Girl Yordles in one dev cycle. Poppy need so much love, Tristana is pretty cute in some of her more recent skins, but we need to go back to some of the earlier stuff and update it, and Lulu's chubby face of course. Just listing them got me thinking we really do need two more Girl Yordle champs, maybe a jungler and a mid. Then you could do a Yordle girl power comp lol.