Korea's had Jayce Permabanned months before we did

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diamonesd

Senior Member

07-05-2013

Rammus used to be permabanned until RIot released new champs that were funner to play. He is very good and a supreme tank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

07-05-2013
1 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillarie View Post
I wonder what they have on permaban status besides Jayce right now.
competitively, jayce and twisted fate have been mandatory bans for purple team for weeks now. depending on the strategy/team, bot lane bans come out for sona, thresh, and vayne. other high-frequency bans (in recent memory) against teams that played them were top ryze, jarvan iv, blitzcrank, and support fiddle.

there are a few others that are common picks, like elise, zac, kennen, et al that pick up bans sometimes (again, based on strategy) but i don't think they'd be considered permabanned (or even 'must pick/ban').

the na scene has started to pick up on some of the stronger competitive picks in korea, so you see a lot of their picks mirrored over here to some degree now. the only exceptions i can think of are support fiddle and mid malzahar—i pretty much never see those picks in north america.

btw, there are ogn games starting up in about 45 minutes, so if you're interested in seeing what gets picked/banned first hand you can watch their stream on twitch.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlargCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
competitively, jayce and twisted fate have been mandatory bans for purple team for weeks now. depending on the strategy/team, bot lane bans come out for sona, thresh, and vayne. other high-frequency bans (in recent memory) against teams that played them were top ryze, jarvan iv, blitzcrank, and support fiddle.

there are a few others that are common picks, like elise, zac, kennen, et al that pick up bans sometimes (again, based on strategy) but i don't think they'd be considered permabanned (or even 'must pick/ban').

the na scene has started to pick up on some of the stronger competitive picks in korea, so you see a lot of their picks mirrored over here to some degree now. the only exceptions i can think of are support fiddle and mid malzahar—i pretty much never see those picks in north america.

btw, there are ogn games starting up in about 45 minutes, so if you're interested in seeing what gets picked/banned first hand you can watch their stream on twitch.
as far as I know malz was only picked twice by manyreason and did not do very well either game


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

07-05-2013
2 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlargCow View Post
as far as I know malz was only picked twice by manyreason and did not do very well either game
he was also used in a few of the qualifiers, but tbh some of those games were so one-sided that i don't know if he was a 'cocky' pick or legit.

also, manyreason did pretty damn well with malz despite them losing both games to mvp ozone. iirc, he cleaned up a lot of fights (including a quadra at one point) even though he never got a good cataclysm + null zone combo off. i'll be interested in seeing if blast continues to lean on malz as an ap carry pick when ahri is banned, or if they'll move on to picks like diana (who would fill out the team in a similar way).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verandure

Senior Member

07-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
he was also used in a few of the qualifiers, but tbh some of those games were so one-sided that i don't know if he was a 'cocky' pick or legit.

also, manyreason did pretty damn well with malz despite them losing both games to mvp ozone. iirc, he cleaned up a lot of fights (including a quadra at one point) even though he never got a good cataclysm + null zone combo off. i'll be interested in seeing if blast continues to lean on malz as an ap carry pick when ahri is banned, or if they'll move on to picks like diana (who would fill out the team in a similar way).
You have made me have to watch this in the slim hopes that my favorite champion takes to the fields of justice... I hope you're happy. T.T

/sleepisforthedead


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
he was also used in a few of the qualifiers, but tbh some of those games were so one-sided that i don't know if he was a 'cocky' pick or legit.

also, manyreason did pretty damn well with malz despite them losing both games to mvp ozone. iirc, he cleaned up a lot of fights (including a quadra at one point) even though he never got a good cataclysm + null zone combo off. i'll be interested in seeing if blast continues to lean on malz as an ap carry pick when ahri is banned, or if they'll move on to picks like diana (who would fill out the team in a similar way).

<3 that you took the time to come give us some insight.

Is Wukong used at all in korea?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlargCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
he was also used in a few of the qualifiers, but tbh some of those games were so one-sided that i don't know if he was a 'cocky' pick or legit.

also, manyreason did pretty damn well with malz despite them losing both games to mvp ozone. iirc, he cleaned up a lot of fights (including a quadra at one point) even though he never got a good cataclysm + null zone combo off. i'll be interested in seeing if blast continues to lean on malz as an ap carry pick when ahri is banned, or if they'll move on to picks like diana (who would fill out the team in a similar way).
I think Malz was a good pick vs their Yorick so they could lock him down and preventing him from ulting, which ozone's team comp seemed pretty dependent on.

the other game I didn't see I just heard about it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMTOOJUICY

Senior Member

07-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
btw, there are ogn games starting up in about 45 minutes, so if you're interested in seeing what gets picked/banned first hand you can watch their stream on twitch.
dammit i was planning on going to sleep soon too


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weenarg

Senior Member

07-05-2013

I remember Ezreal was strong and popular in China when people in NA were complaining about how weak he is


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

07-05-2013
3 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verandure View Post
You have made me have to watch this in the slim hopes that my favorite champion takes to the fields of justice... I hope you're happy. T.T

/sleepisforthedead
ogn stream subscribers have access to the vods, so if that includes you then you can watch the blast vs ozone games from 2 days ago. otherwise, you can watch today's games live in about 30 minutes. :3

btw, the matches are:
skt t1 vs lg im #2
kt bullets vs mig blitz

link is http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet if you didn't already have it.