Fiora is thematically unsatisfying. She doesn't feel like a fencer.

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critkeeper

07-04-2013

And its not because her kit doesn't work. It works... sometimes. And even in those times it works, she doesn't feel like a fencer, or even a duelist. She feels like an auto attack based assassin (talon, leblanc, rengar are assassins.); her optimal playstyle is as a glass cannon anti carry, and there are PLENTY of champions that do every single thing she does as an assassin, but better.

She doesn't feel the way fiora really ought to feel. She certainly doesn't feel like a melee carry, like Yi back in the day, or Trynda currently. She doesn't feel one little bit like a fencer or even a duelist or even a blade master. She's just a handgrenade-- pull the pin, one and done.

Thats very unsatisfying.

Khristophoros

The Council

07-04-2013

I don't know how you could make a champ feel like a fencer. I used to take fencing and I cannot imagine any moba character capturing that experience.

If you wanna fence, take fencing classes.

SapphireGold

07-04-2013

don't forget that buggy ult that cancels when someone walks into a bush or stealths

Zerglinglol

07-04-2013

Her ulti doesn't fit her. If she's going to be called "the grand duelist" then her ulti should fit that.

Insípid

07-04-2013

give her a sidestep or two that has charges (like shadow dance), and maybe allow riposte to block spells or at least on hit dmg.

A Jee

07-04-2013

I feel like her ult should be a hard engage with a target where she deals out heavy blows rather than damage that decrease against multiple targets

lemonchief

07-04-2013

I agree. Her kit his a ton of potential, but Riot fell very short of the mark.

Fioret

07-04-2013

Its her Riposte. Its just way to simple when it should be her iconic skill.

Also, her passive should be remade so she feels more thematic. As it is, it isn't that great and I wish they thought of something else.

When I think of a duelist, I think of somebody who bides their time and waits for the opportunity to strike, unleashing perfect attacks and going on the offensive.

Fiora basically all-ins every single time. She has no escape, which means she really has no choice but to 100-0 people. Once she snowballs, she is just a pubstomper.... What I'm trying to say, her playstyle is nothing like a duelist/fencer.

Brainstormed Idea:
Imagine if successfully Riposting an attack blocked on-hits, and gave her a lunge stack. Then, she could lunge onto her target (Twice, usually only once without Riposte) and within 4 seconds she could reactivate Riposte to flip off her target and disengage, landing in the same spot she lunged from, with a distance limit (Like Lee Sin's Q2 Gap Closer).

This would give her the ability to back out of trades, and open up opportunities when she doesn't have the advantage. Obviously, since this gives her a buff some aspect of her would need to be nerfed... maybe. Her starting damage IS ludicrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
I feel like her ult should be a hard engage with a target where she deals out heavy blows rather than damage that decrease against multiple targets
The ultimate is fine, it allows her to be useful in teamfights. Without being untargetable, she would be blown up instantly in teamfights without dealing damage, and would also have no way to drop "aggro" from the enemy team.

Critkeeper

07-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristophoros View Post
I don't know how you could make a champ feel like a fencer. I used to take fencing and I cannot imagine any moba character capturing that experience.

If you wanna fence, take fencing classes.

Well there is nothing wrong with not Knowing, its a hard identity to capture in a Moba. I don't have any clue why you are getting downvoted.

Think about jax's kit. Take away jax from jax's kit. Imagine you never even saw jax, or his purple garb or his lamp post. Take the names away from his skills.

A stacking attack speed boost...
A next auto attack enhancer...
A fairly spammable gap closer...
An auto attack evader (for a duration) ...
Another auto attack enhancer every 3 attacks...
A resilience booster.

Doesn't sound EXACTLY like a fencer, but alot of these are pretty damn close. If I were to put fiora's model with all this it would be rather convincing. Alot more convincing than it is now.

Now I'm NOT suggesting that they should do that or anything like that. This was just a proof of the concept: there are better kits for fiora that what she has currently, and there are certainly kits that feel more "Fencer ish"

Kanzawa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Trynda View Post
And its not because her kit doesn't work. It works... sometimes. And even in those times it works, she doesn't feel like a fencer, or even a duelist. She feels like an auto attack based assassin (talon, leblanc, rengar are assassins.); her optimal playstyle is as a glass cannon anti carry, and there are PLENTY of champions that do every single thing she does as an assassin, but better.

She doesn't feel the way fiora really ought to feel. She certainly doesn't feel like a melee carry, like Yi back in the day, or Trynda currently. She doesn't feel one little bit like a fencer or even a duelist or even a blade master. She's just a handgrenade-- pull the pin, one and done.T

Thats very unsatisfying.
I thought the title was a direct quote from my post in the Fiora thread that has red responses from the other day

12345 ... 7