Riot; I challenge you to make a better skin for Udyr than Primal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kazkal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feederdinger Bot View Post
they cant and will never make a new udyr skin because its 5 skins in 1 and they could make 5 teemo skins in that time and everyone knows *****s love teemo skins

Well 5 skins in one is why there won't be alot udyr skins.Kha'zix is also just as bad if not worse then udyr.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

omgitsvenom

Junior Member

06-28-2013

I don't mean to be negative but I really think the animal "spirit" things overshadow how cool the skin is. I would definitely buy it but the skin seems too busy and distracting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Godot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

07-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot DudeBro View Post
It took us longer than 9 months to make this skin. We were working on him before PFE came out. I mean he's like 13 models, 4+ animation sets, different sounds for each stance, and custom effects per stance for minions,champs,jungle creeps, recalls,and emotes. Some even had max form specific work. phew!
i count 9 models someone correct me otherwise but i see the 1 model for when u just start the game and 2 models one base and one max stance for each so 9 models wheres the other 4 come from? also since the skin getting a death animation how about his stanceless model return to him every time he respawns since we havent ever had a thing as a stanceless udyr before just that bear stance >.<


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot DudeBro

VFX Artist

07-06-2013
14 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot View Post
i count 9 models someone correct me otherwise but i see the 1 model for when u just start the game and 2 models one base and one max stance for each so 9 models wheres the other 4 come from? also since the skin getting a death animation how about his stanceless model return to him every time he respawns since we havent ever had a thing as a stanceless udyr before just that bear stance >.<
it's 13 models(including the spirit animals and the special guest for the joke)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

Senior Member

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot DudeBro View Post
it's 13 models(including the spirit animals and the special guest for the joke)
Wouldn't that be...
1 Stanceless Model
4 Stance Models
4 Spirit Models
4 Evolved Stance Models
1 Joke Spirit Model

14 models?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foonakie

Senior Member

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot DudeBro View Post
It took us longer than 9 months to make this skin. We were working on him before PFE came out. I mean he's like 13 models, 4+ animation sets, different sounds for each stance, and custom effects per stance for minions,champs,jungle creeps, recalls,and emotes. Some even had max form specific work. phew!
And the skin is thematically the same...really?

It you took you guys like 10 minutes to say "lets just make a really cool version of the skins he already has".

It's like saying "You can have a the basic model, or the model that has seat heaters and a cd player".

You guys could have done 100x better, but you guys are lazy with your creativity.

My theory is someone came up with a super cool idea, you all said that'd take like year and half to make, then you all decided the most you would spend on him is roughly the amount of time you guys put into this skin.

So anything that would have taken longer to make them Spirit Udyr would never see the light of day, really pro riot, really pro.

edit: figures i'd get down votes, something I dislike vs something other people like, i express my passion for udyr and why I'm displeased with this skin and lo and behold, people down votes. FYI, I like the color blue and rock and roll, any more down votes?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Velrex

Senior Member

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foonakie View Post
And the skin is thematically the same...really?

It you took you guys like 10 minutes to say "lets just make a really cool version of the skins he already has".

It's like saying "You can have a the basic model, or the model that has seat heaters and a cd player".

You guys could have done 100x better, but you guys are lazy with your creativity.

My theory is someone came up with a super cool idea, you all said that'd take like year and half to make, then you all decided the most you would spend on him is roughly the amount of time you guys put into this skin.

So anything that would have taken longer to make them Spirit Udyr would never see the light of day, really pro riot, really pro.

edit: figures i'd get down votes, something I dislike vs something other people like, i express my passion for udyr and why I'm displeased with this skin and lo and behold, people down votes. FYI, I like the color blue and rock and roll, any more down votes?
People are allowed to express their dislike for what you're saying, just like you're allowed to express your dislike for the skin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0

Senior Member

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot DudeBro View Post
it's 13 models(including the spirit animals and the special guest for the joke)
Is it really honest to call all the stances separate models when they're all using the same base?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot DudeBro

VFX Artist

07-06-2013
15 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0 View Post
Is it really honest to call all the stances separate models when they're all using the same base?
they are all different models( meaning they have unique polygons (and uv's) so each stance has two models as well as the model used for the spirit animal. The bear form uses the same model as the human form; e just hide the bear form parts of the model for the human form. The only thing they share is the rig.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0

Senior Member

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot DudeBro View Post
they are all different models( meaning they have unique polygons (and uv's) so each stance has two models as well as the model used for the spirit animal. The bear form uses the same model as the human form; e just hide the bear form parts of the model for the human form. The only thing they share is the rig.
Hm. Interesting. I would have figured you just had a human form model then swapped out the hands/hair/particles for each form.