I'm sorry, but league just isn't fun right now. You're to blame, Riot.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOyProasfasdfdsa View Post
they never won anything significant,it was all about protecting the Ranged ADC in the end.
Just saying, there were things like this http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3060294

and this http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3063762

and I'm wondering if the cycle will just continue.

RavenSword8

07-01-2013

"Jokes. Ranged champions are so far superior to melee it's a joke."

Stopped reading there. Forgot how much shinx2 thinks melee champions are a joke, lol.

burghbo

07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XElement View Post
Well yea...she is a Frost Mage.
She should make any melee champion cry.

Haven't you ever played WoW?
Frost Mages are like Warriors and any other melee's worst enemy, unless you are an assassin. (druid/rogue)
actually...my prot warrior ate mages for lunch in WoW

jerrrry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Riot's incessant crusade against melee has finally gotten to the point where it's harder to pick a champion that DOESN'T dominate melee.
I love how in every hashinshin thread there is that one opening statement in which he seems to envision Riot not as a large company, but a single super-villain twiddling his thumbs in a secret lair somewhere trying to figure out how to best mess with their arch nemesis hashinshin next. Unfortunately the rest of the post takes on the air of all of the whining pre-teens who mimmic him and do nothing but complain, so the entertainment value is lost.

While you present a valid point (not novel by a longshot), your message is lost in your immature, offensive, whiney method of conveying that message. Have you ever thought of carefully composing something that looks intelligent and thought out instead of like a rage-induced rant after you're particularly fed up with a game you lost?

XerXesX

07-01-2013

my 1st purchase Tryn , Sion, Mundo,

my last 4 purchases
Brand, Xerath,Morgana ,Varus,

played the melees 7 times TOTAL, dust them off every
3rd week, then ask myself, what was I thinking.

either upgrade or lemme trade him in for 40c on the dollar
I will NEVER use them, its 40 min of agony,

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
riot's incessant crusade against melee has finally gotten to the point where it's harder to pick a champion that doesn't dominate melee.
the fastest champions in the game are ranged. What logic? Somebody please find it for me!
great post!!!!

FalconPawwwwnch

07-01-2013

Not letting this thread die until the reds respond. They've been avoiding these threads for too long

Morello

Lead Designer

07-01-2013
1 of 18 Riot Posts

This problem is really being overblown as "melee suck, how could you do so much to ruin melee", when this is a specific set of problems in competitive (Diamond or higher) that are trending currently;

* Top lane has dominant "ranged bruisers" that are warping it right now. Jayce is the biggest offender, Kennen and Elise not being far behind. This changes the DNA of matchups top lane as long as these champions have lower tradeoffs for their range (I mean, it's not like Draven's going top...). This is a simpler balance issue, though the impact on top lane is pretty high. We'll be fixing this shortly (IE, 3.9).

* 2v1 in competitive is insanely abusive to pure melee. 2v1 is actually a problem - it invalidates laning phase which (while interesting strategically) really smooshes the champion pool down and removes characters who can be picked for laning strengths. It'd be OK as an occasional gambit or risk, but not as the most effective way to win in the most situations. More on this later.

So we agree that pure melee are weaker in the last two patches. I don't think that equates to a direction (as mentioned in my earlier thread) and surprises me a little that there's Fighter disenfranchisement right now. We're not looking to remove melee characters from lanes.

Morello

Lead Designer

07-01-2013
2 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPawwwwnch View Post
Not letting this thread die until the reds respond. They've been avoiding these threads for too long
I responded in full to yours. =/

Though, if I see either of you ever complain about support disenfranchisement.....heh

Leo the yordle

07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This problem is really being overblown as "melee suck, how could you do so much to ruin melee", when this is a specific set of problems in competitive (Diamond or higher) that are trending currently;

* Top lane has dominant "ranged bruisers" that are warping it right now. Jayce is the biggest offender, Kennen and Elise not being far behind. This changes the DNA of matchups top lane as long as these champions have lower tradeoffs for their range (I mean, it's not like Draven's going top...). This is a simpler balance issue, though the impact on top lane is pretty high. We'll be fixing this shortly (IE, 3.9).

* 2v1 in competitive is insanely abusive to pure melee. 2v1 is actually a problem - it invalidates laning phase which (while interesting strategically) really smooshes the champion pool down and removes characters who can be picked for laning strengths. It'd be OK as an occasional gambit or risk, but not as the most effective way to win in the most situations. More on this later.

So we agree that pure melee are weaker in the last two patches. I don't think that equates to a direction (as mentioned in my earlier thread) and surprises me a little that there's Fighter disenfranchisement right now. We're not looking to remove melee characters from lanes.
Is there a way to solve this (2v1 lanes dominating) competitively? Would a tower HP buff help in any way?