Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stumpster

Adjudicator

12-09-2009

NOTE: A lot of these are VERY situational, and are only from what my memory serves or very quick tests. There is a good chance these are incorrect or me analyzing something incorrectly.

Quote:
I was curious about black cleaver stacks. If my friend and I both have a black cleaver and we attack the same opponent does it cap at 5 stacks or 10? Is it the same if one person had two cleavers?
Because Black Cleaver acts as a debuff to the target, you can only have 5x stacks, no matter who the attacker is.

Quote:
And do healing debuffs stack? Like executioners calling and tristana's attack or Katarina's blade? And do these debuffs affect only heals or health regen too?
Healing debuffs from different sources do stack (Trist and Executioner's), but debuffs from the same source do not stack (two Executioner's). The healing debuffs only affect direct heals, NOT health regeneration.

Quote:
Also, what is the range on item auras like frozen heart and starks? And when someone leaves the aura is the debuff lost immediately or is there a lasting duration?
The range is usually a little more than ranged heroes can hit (maybe about 550 or 600, as a point of reference Cardmaster has an attack range of 510). The debuff is lost immediately when they leave the area of effect.

Quote:
Does the dodge(evasion) from runes also stack with the diminishing returns? How about with the 2% dodge from masteries?
Dodge from runes all get added together, but THEN get calculated into diminishing returns with items and whatnot. As an example, if you had 5% from Seals, 4% from Marks, 6% from Glyphs, and 5% from Quints you would have 20% dodge from runes, not ~17-18% dodge. I'm entirely unsure as to the 2% mastery talent.

Stacking evasion runes is usually only effective on Jax (because he's awesome) or if the metagame revolves around physical damage (which it had for a while during beta, but it has since changed more towards AoE damage).

Quote:
I've been play Sion recently and I have a few questions about his shield move: Death's caress. Currently the shield absorbs an additional 1 damage per each ability point placed in the skill, but I can't seem to find when exactly the damage absorption happens?

If it is a physical attack can it be dodged before absorbed? Does armor reduce the damage?

If it is a Magic attack does Banshee's veil block the damage first or does the shield? does magic resistance reduce the damage?

Needless to say, these factors make a BIG difference in the most efficient build.
I'll try to do some tests tonight, but I think that the shield takes damage before anything.

Leveh

12-11-2009

I have a question about life steal items and item stacking. If I for example buy The Bloodthirster ( gives max 25% life steal ), Malady ( 15% ) and Stark's Fervor ( 20% ), will I have 60% lifesteal?

If I buy for example 2x Phantom Dancer, will I have double the stats?

Pignorance

12-11-2009

Does Critical Damage have a cap because with marks, quints and mastery you should be able to get 47.2% crit dmg...

Pignorance

12-11-2009

On tristanna's healing debuff it says it effects hp regen also...

RAYoRAY

12-11-2009

Limit Cap to cooldown is 40%, but is there a dodge cap? In the character box in game, if it says Dodge: 44, does that mean 44% dodge?

Jazzminkey

12-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYoRAY View Post
Limit Cap to cooldown is 40%, but is there a dodge cap? In the character box in game, if it says Dodge: 44, does that mean 44% dodge?

Dodge has a soft cap. Yes it's %

Jazzminkey

12-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nignorance View Post
Does Critical Damage have a cap because with marks, quints and mastery you should be able to get 47.2% crit dmg...

crit damage has no cap.

RAYoRAY

12-11-2009

what do you mean by soft cap

Stumpster

Adjudicator

12-12-2009

That is answered on the first page. Soft cap means that you can keep building dodge, but each successive item will be less and less powerful.

Quote:
On tristanna's healing debuff it says it effects hp regen also...
Hers would be the exception then. I'm near positive that the others are only direct heals.

Quote:
I have a question about life steal items and item stacking. If I for example buy The Bloodthirster ( gives max 25% life steal ), Malady ( 15% ) and Stark's Fervor ( 20% ), will I have 60% lifesteal?
Yes.

Quote:
If I buy for example 2x Phantom Dancer, will I have double the stats?
Yes, except for dodge, which is affected by the soft cap.

Leveh

12-12-2009

Ty for info

Is there a thread about stats cap? ( e.g. crit % cap, dodge cap, attack speed cap.......)