Confirmed by Mods - Preferential Treatment?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metablast

06-21-2013

RiotJay taking White Knighting to a whole 'nother level.

AlexanderNVV

06-21-2013

LoL forum mods are doing stupid ass b/s again?

Wow never happened before

Ask Yorick Mori

06-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metablast View Post
RiotJay taking White Knighting to a whole 'nother level.
Sometimes, a knight in shining armor is just some re.tard in tin foil.

Damiyo

06-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderNVV View Post
LoL forum mods are doing stupid ass b/s again?

Wow never happened before

Kay911kay

06-21-2013

Nothing we can do realistically
Riots game, they have every right to abuse their power
Heck if Riot wanted they can start themselves with 10k gold but that would piss off way to much of the community.
Not the first time Riot abuses their position to give themselves an advantage.

Not the first time a game companies done this...
Not much can be done

QtX

06-21-2013

Yeah.... that long thread is gone... the only good thing is... deleting a thread just means even more Gem/RiotJay threads are made.

HalcyonicHS

06-21-2013

Riot isn't doing very good PR on their part. They better own up.

Shiralune

06-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHUEAHUEAHUEA View Post
As annoying as Gem is, I would put her under protection too if what you guys say about what this XJ9 person is doing is true. (I don't follow these drama, sorry)

And yes, I know Gem is annoying based on some threads I've seen her make in the past.
The point is she's not getting the punishment all elo boosters got.

Ask Yorick Mori

06-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by QtX View Post
Yeah.... that long thread is gone... the only good thing is... deleting a thread just means even more Gem/RiotJay threads are made.
When Riot makes it super obvious that they are hiding a serious manner, and does so by trying to cover up something 1000+ players have already seen, they're jsut kicking a hornet's nest.

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

06-21-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

It's tiring to see these threads spammed on the forums by the same group of level 5 troll accounts. It's especially frustrating when they try to create fake outrage over something when they don't understand the issue.

So let's lay it all out:

1) "Naming and Shaming" is against Forum rules. This is not new, so it shouldn't come as a surprise when a thread that tries to "name and shame" is closed. If a user continues to repost the same "name and shame" threads, or spam the forums then it's very likely that user will get forum banned. This is not a conspiracy, these are the rules. Sometimes, exceptions may be made to this rule in order to address specific circumstances. For example, when XJ9 was permanently suspended in game he used that opportunity to publicly spread misinformation about why he was suspended and then turn it into a witch hunt against other players. In the interests of transparency and to address trolls we may make posts on the subject.

2) The Rioter constantly named in these threads has absolutely zero control over forum moderation. He also has zero control over in-game suspensions and MMR Boosting suspensions. Different people, Different Teams. As I explained in my first point, these threads are being closed because they are useless witch hunting threads which violate the "no name and shame" policy of the forums.

3) We do not provide "Bans on Demand". If a user has violated our terms of use we will investigate them and take the proper action. We will not publicly share the results of our investigation to satisfy the blood lust of other players. Being the loudest voice in the room does not entitle you to getting another person banned and can actually constitute harassment.

4) XJ9 was not banned for elo/mmr boosting. There is no special treatment being given to him over other users. We do not permanently ban users for MMR boosting on their first offense. You can find my previous post on the subject of MMR Boosting here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ight=mmr+boost He was permanently banned for multiple death threats against other users, for hacking multiple users accounts, and for a series of toxic behaviors over the year he has been a part of the League of Legends community.