Players experiencing high ping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeststar

06-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeststar View Post
Bell, Toronto, ON. Ping goes from 45-70 to 100-300. Some games I get a couple of lag spikes; on most I get fully disconnected.
Most of my games result in the champions in the running animation, but end up not moving. Sound disappears, animations down show; usually a sign that it is lagging (lasts for 30 secs to 2 mins). Constantly appears.

enfabled mage

06-19-2013

took alot of effort to get should be acurately descrbing problem because i was getting nonstop lagg even after the game finished it wouldn't even let the game finish here it is

Attached Files
File Type: txt riot-lol-results.txt (164.6 KB, 33 views)

Amariithynar

06-19-2013

Here's mine. Just yesterday, played just fine. Then, all of a sudden been dealing with pings at least 100 more than normal, spiking up to 500-1000+ ping. Had to fix because I attached the wrong file.

Attached Files
File Type: txt riot-lol-results.txt (123.0 KB, 35 views)

Zimos The GES

06-19-2013

Here is my test. Normally my ping sits around 85-95 ping. Lately my ping will skyrocket too 3000+ for a few minutes and then go back down, and this isn't in fights but sometimes just walking across map too. I couldn't count how many times this has got me killed. I hope you can find a fix for this.

Attached Files
File Type: txt riot-lol-results.txt (105.5 KB, 33 views)

AryanSoldier

06-20-2013

here is the info

Attached Files
File Type: txt riot-lol-results.txt (87.7 KB, 26 views)

Orikas

06-20-2013

this is mine im from australia
my carrier is optus
180 is a very good ping for me already but yeah been sitting at 300-999 :S

Attached Files
File Type: txt riot-lol-results.txt (8.5 KB, 28 views)

RiotAntares

Senior Network Engineer

06-20-2013
33 of 111 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mochi View Post
So is there ever going to be an option to choose which data center we connect to? I don't particularly enjoy having a 60 ping difference every second game that I play :S
I'm not personally involved at the level that these decisions are happening at, but I can tell you a little about what some of the thinking is. There are a couple of ways we could accomplish this in the short term but it would basically create an entire other region and you would be isolated from the other region. It's how we do it in China, and a lot of games like WoW or SimCity do it too. You login and you have to select one of many "servers" (probably data centers in reality) to play on. It has helped us scale (tons of players in China!) but it's segmented the community and it makes match making a little more difficult as there are less players to match you with as a result. Personally I'd like the best of both worlds. Keep everyone together and have the system automatically place you on the closest server. However, what is fair if team A is on the east coast and team B is on the west coast? If we had a data center on each coast, where do we host the game? While not impossible, it's something we are going to have to address. With that being said, the west coast has an advantage, and I think that's a little unfair too. I've seen the ping time to winning ratio graphs showing a direct correlation, so I know it must have some impact. How much +50ms makes at Bronze, Silver.. Gold..?? is the question and is it worth breaking up NA over in the short term? How do we weigh that against bringing new data centers to parts of the world that don't have any right now? My personal mission is to bring ping times down for everyone globally. How to get there and in what priority is the tough part. :-/

Food for thought.

Now, back to these log files!

One Week Ago

06-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAntares View Post
I'm not personally involved at the level that these decisions are happening at, but I can tell you a little about what some of the thinking is. There are a couple of ways we could accomplish this in the short term but it would basically create an entire other region and you would be isolated from the other region. It's how we do it in China, and a lot of games like WoW or SimCity do it too. You login and you have to select one of many "servers" (probably data centers in reality) to play on. It has helped us scale (tons of players in China!) but it's segmented the community and it makes match making a little more difficult as there are less players to match you with as a result. Personally I'd like the best of both worlds. Keep everyone together and have the system automatically place you on the closest server. However, what is fair if team A is on the east coast and team B is on the west coast? If we had a data center on each coast, where do we host the game? While not impossible, it's something we are going to have to address. With that being said, the west coast has an advantage, and I think that's a little unfair too. I've seen the ping time to winning ratio graphs showing a direct correlation, so I know it must have some impact. How much +50ms makes at Bronze, Silver.. Gold..?? is the question and is it worth breaking up NA over in the short term? How do we weigh that against bringing new data centers to parts of the world that don't have any right now? My personal mission is to bring ping times down for everyone globally. How to get there and in what priority is the tough part. :-/

Food for thought.

Now, back to these log files!
I'd really like to be isolated if it brings my ping down, so I can start playing again.
Like you said, it is probably temporary, anyway.

Bill Nguyen

06-20-2013

Tek savvy, from Ontario, Canada

Used to play with 60-90 ping and it was perfect. Since about 3 weeks ago I am getting about 110-130 ping with very frequent spikes up to 600.

Attached Files
File Type: txt riot-lol-results.txt (95.1 KB, 49 views)

Caelumium

06-20-2013

Some how 216.52.255.103, the one that i had problem with the last few weeks, shows a perfect ping today for me 83-88. I tried out 6+ games and ping was consistent.