Surround Sound Issue

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alenael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2009

I currently have a 5.1 setup and am not even sure that the game even has support for such a thing. (But I assume since it sounds correct in certain spots with some sounds coming from the speakers behind me and some coming from front and even center) It seems to me that the surround sound doesn't quite work properly and if a surround sound setup is not supported then I know why the sounds are incorrect now.

I usually notice this quite often when I am fighting minions that unless I scroll the screen down almost until my character edges off the top of my screen I will not hear sound coming from my front speakers. But if I center my character I usually only hear sound coming from behind me. The difference in sound is pretty large as I slowly scroll the screen downwards as I fight a minion. I have not been able to test this effectively with players as I am more concerned with winning or dieing in a fight to actually test this out.

Mainly wondering if the game supports the use of surround sound systems since I don't recall seeing a setting and if what I am hearing is meant to be correct.

yourbuddypal

12-03-2009

I am sad to say that I am experiencing surround sound issues as well, and would like an official comment on this situation. I was formerly using just 2 speakers, but got my 5.1 sound set back up.

Nothing comes out of the center channel. The worst part about that aspect is that means you dont hear any noise when your hero is getting attacked, and usually nothing when your hero is attacking a unit. It makes it very difficult to play, and I don't feel like changing options off of the 5.1 sound should be necessary or acceptable to play the game.

yourbuddypal

12-04-2009

NM

thantounderscore

12-05-2009

I also have surround sound, and I'm experiencing issues as well.

My biggest problem is with panning. If something is happening left of center of the screen, that sound will only come from the left speaker - 100% left, 0% right. This is regardless of how far left it is from center. Same goes for right for its respective speaker.

What should be happening is that, the farther left somerthing is from center, the louder it is on that side and the quieter it is on the other, not this all or nothing approach.

yourbuddypal

12-09-2009

Can we get an official riot response on this? I consider this to be a pretty big issue. Imagine if I had my surround sound set up before playing the game at all and didnt even know what I was missing with this "audio panning"? Sound doesnt appropriately come out of the center channel - something that can have huge impacts on gameplay.

Is this a known issue? Is it being worked on? As a paying customer, I would really like to know! Thanks :-)

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

12-11-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey, thanks for reporting this. I'm having the issue looked into, but having your dxdiags attached to this post for reference would be very helpful.

Dxdiag info

Alenael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

Sorry for such a late response Jesse I had forgotten about the topic and decided to check up on it to determine if anyone successfully answered my questions. I don't have any issues as stated above with my center speaker sound it works perfectly. Just the sound doesn't appear properly as the map is centered with my character. This could possibly be something to do with me using a detached camera mode instead of letting it always center maybe? Either way the bug or error it may be isn't really a big deal since sound does work just not in the right locations at times.

Attached is my Dxdiag info for ya if it even becomes useful that is to be determined. Want anything else let me know.

ogun

02-21-2010

same thing happens to me with my headphones on windows 7 64 bit

ogun

02-21-2010

I fixed the problem by going into the control panel into the sound options and choosing headphones instead of 7.1 surround sound... lol

lolfarter

12-06-2010

I don't hear anything out of my rear surround sound speakers in LoL but I do in other games. How will I know when someone is behind me?