@Morello: About Fiora

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Busty Demoness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2013

I main her, and I know that I'm one of the better Fiora players out there. However, as a champion and within the meta, she isn't in a great spot, as evidenced by the massive amount of hate threads on her.

I was curious if you had any specific plans, and maybe general thoughts on her kit.

EDIT: Not the first Riot post, but I still really appreciate their opinion in this regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yep. It's more noise tan truth that Fiora's bad. If you're sub-plat, play Fiora and win all you'd like.

This is more about improving the character, not buffing it. There's different levels of depth to the work and design for those.

Arafotab

06-11-2013

Right now, she seems to play more of an assassin role. She doesn't really seem to fit together in the melee ADC group like Tryndamere and Master Yi who rely on splitpushing and dueling 1v1s

She's pretty much a burst assassin that can autoattack really fast

I think that she actually needs some sort of escape. She plays pretty similar to Zed, Kha'zix, and Talon. Except they all have something she has: CC and an escape.

I think if she is to actually survive as an assassin, she can't remain as an "all-in" character that she is now. She needs some sort of escape. Some CC would be nice, but not as necessary as an escape

I think that instead of her parry move, she should be given a sidestep move, something similar to Riven and Graves, while giving her a shield (Though probably not as strong as Riven's since Fiora is an assassin, not a fighter). This would let her win trades, use it as an escape, and allow her to initiate onto people. It just seems like something that flows with her kit so well

Morello

Lead Designer

06-11-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

We don't have specific plans right now, but only due to workload. Some of our work on Yi will likely inform our work on Fiora (plus I still want something sexy for Riposte), but it's not our top priority currently.

Arctic Bro

06-11-2013

you mean deflect spells ?

Busty Demoness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2013

Quote:
We don't have specific plans right now, but only due to workload. Some of our work on Yi will likely inform our work on Fiora (plus I still want something sexy for Riposte), but it's not our top priority currently.
Fair enough. Not that I'm necessarily qualified for ideas behind adjusting her, but I do have suggestions if you're interested.

Kr1sys

06-11-2013

/wrists

One of the few champs to never be good in League of Legends. Still not top priority.

SonicTheHedgedawg

06-11-2013

Quote:
can you at least fix her ult while we wait?

Things like fixing the bugs on her ult, gving you longer to use your second lunge or having Riposte block on-hit effects would at least give her a small, QoL boost in the interim

Morello

Lead Designer

06-11-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busty Demoness View Post
Fair enough. Not that I'm necessarily qualified for ideas behind adjusting her, but I do have suggestions if you're interested.
A lot of it really is about Melee ADC qualities overall, which is a hard conversation to have as its little to do with her current stuff and more to do with "how do we make this work"?

She'd have the same skills, but power budget would be modified. Again, I do want to make Riposte way better.

Busty Demoness

06-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr1sys View Post
/wrists

One of the few champs to never be good in League of Legends. Still not top priority.
It's not that she's bad, she just has a very small niche right now due to the meta and her high skill floor.

SonicTheHedgedawg

06-11-2013

Fiora's ult just feels buggy for a few reasons, and here are the pretty big ones

1 - It's an ultimate on a MUCH longer cooldown than Fizz's playful/trickster or Vladimir's Sanguine pool . . . and, yet, both of THOSE abilities clear turret agro AND pop projectiles. Fiora's ult DEFINITELY doesn't do the latter and only occasionally does the former. Which is really really annoying. Especially when Fiora is encouraged to wait to ult until she's lost some health and then lifesteal it back in her ult, but she can die during her ultimate before it does any damage AND have the whole thing get stuck on cooldown.
~~~ And if you want to say "that's just the way that her ultimate is designed" I will have to call the bluff here and say that both Fiora's Ultimate and these other abilities (sanguine pool, playful/trickster, etc.) describe their user as becoming "untargetable" It just doesn't make sense for the same description to be applied to both situations, and work differently in those situations. It makes even LESS sense that the non-ultimate abilities do it BETTER than the ultimate ability.

2 - It needs to reveal enemies hit by her ultimate for the duration of the attack. Why? Because you can brush-juke her ultimate. OR if you are shaco or vayne, invisibility juke it and it cancels the entire ultimate. And if you're LeBlanc, you don't even have to try to time it, your passive will automatically do it. I understand that the entire point of abilities like alpha-strike, sanguine pool and playful/trickster is to dodge moves, so that doesn't bother me quite as much, but the brush-juking and auto-juking from stealth make an already weak character even EASIER to counter.
~~~ I could understand the viewpoint of saying "just buy an oracle's elixir" to counter stealth-juking. And that is valid, but it seems very very buggy in the cases of Shaco's ultimate and Leblanc's passive where the enemy champion blinks into invisibility for literally but a fraction of a second, and I feel like this would be buggy on any champion, much less one considered as low-tier as Fiora. And, besides, Oracle's won't help prevent brush-juking. (not sure if you can brush juke if Fiora catches you alone, but I KNOW you can if she catches you with at least one teammate.

12345 ... 9