Riot Games Presents: Battle Training

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DYGAD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

I like the idea of evaluating/quests because it really opens room for some expansion of different types of gameplay

Blinder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

I think its funny that in the first screen shot taken ashe is in the middle lane with soraka on the mini map but in the closer up ashe is on the bottom lane lol!

hohums

Software Engineer

11-04-2010
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulvendawg View Post
Just gave this a try myself... Excellently done but I see flaws. My nitpick wall of text:

- I appreciate it telling me my health is low, but each time? People need to learn to watch health themselves. An alert each time =/= learning.
- The secondary quests for killing the neutral mobs seemed slightly random to me. I assume it may have been level based but I just wondered why it told me to kill wraiths instantly after wolves, but no other mobs until something like 10 minutes later. There is no mention of possibly fighting dragon as a team, and no mention whatsoever of Baron (I may have destroyed the enemies too fast).
- Seeing the primary quest of destroying all turrets in a lane for 3/4 of the match was slightly annoying, more quests could have been given, and the secondaries given were too few and far between (though there wasnt much more that could be done other than something like 'make an upgraded item' or something).
- Bots were actually aggressive for once, a nice surprise, but they still had their issues like standing still at 'dangerously low' health, and on two occasions I landed a guaranteed killing blow on them, only to have them survive and have a teambot get the kill (forced assist tooltip?)
- Upon completion, it mentions to continue playing for more rewards... 0 IP and 0 XP is the best reward ever, I will gladly take more of that... No really, was there even a reward to start? Are there actual rewards later? Not to mention I am still waiting for 'more avatars via achievements'...
- EDIT: Forgot one point. Bots didnt take which lane you exited into account, I took top lane and had 2 bots follow me top, forcing me to run bottom, missing early action.

But overall this was an excellent experience, hits on most essential points except for item choices and usage (hp/mana pots, recommended items, mentioning which item stats to be going for depending on champ selection, ward use, etc.)
I would also possibly suggest adding a support char to the roster, if only to mention their role. Probably not good choice for playing with bots, though.
Thanks for your feedback and suggestions Wulvendawg.

IS1f1d52ece4eba8be33817

11-04-2010

garen on picture about being near mobs to gain exp is photo shopped, everyone knows he is in bush you are going to facecheck in a second

also

first tower on proving grounds map gives bounty, isnt that enemy turret?
you can forced camera position (for example when it zooms to nunu, to show how he dies) by clicking on ashe portrait

xjoyride

11-04-2010

Sounds like a really excellent concept, I'll be interested to see the implementation and development of these ideas.

Genkar

11-04-2010

Not bad, other than my screen flashed the entire time like I was taking damage.

Falleth

11-04-2010

Quote:
- Upon completion, it mentions to continue playing for more rewards... 0 IP and 0 XP is the best reward ever, I will gladly take more of that... No really, was there even a reward to start? Are there actual rewards later? Not to mention I am still waiting for 'more avatars via achievements'...

Isn't reward for levels <30?

BorisBox

11-04-2010

NICE ! Some players really do need something like this ill look at it just to see how it looks ^_^ currently updating

P.S. Those patches are "Little" BIG ...i need at least 30 mins

Bellyon

11-04-2010

Itīs amazing, a nice improvement! Many players will have a better sense of the game, which will raise the level of play.

BickDeater

Recruiter

11-04-2010

MOBA communities are known for being the absolute worst. Absolutely unforgiving and unfriendly to new players. It brings a lot of stigma with it. Now LoL definitely is much softer than Heroes of Newerth was, and based on their dwindling play base that basically has weeded out any new or newish players from the player base. But the fact remains if you want to bring MOBA to the masses and continue growing your player base over the years you, RIOT are going to have to educate/re-educate the masses,

Battle training sounds like a start but to be truthfully honest it needs a LOT of information, and it needs to be usable by all skill levels not just players who are playing their first couple of games. There are STILL people who have HUNDREDS of games under their belt and still have no clue about simple stuff like zoning, lane control, what boots to buy, how important last hitting is as apposed to auto attacking, just stuff like that (Very important stuff).

High Def Instructional videos similar to the hero spotlight with someone like Phreak who has extensive knowledge of top level play should be released, but videos that are longer and more in depth than the hero spotlight.