Mac beta wont open

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

06-10-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakir View Post
It's been happening on my mac too. Here's the mega link. Hope you guys figure something out. Thanks!
https://mega.co.nz/#!PU9VzS6a!PHMFmH...CMbHl7b1UIJQTg
Do you have a case-sensitive file-system? This is working on my machine.

Chittywood

06-21-2013

i dont get what the .dmg is?

AstroAsasin

07-22-2013

dude seriously....... thank you sooooooo much swizzy u r freakin awesome........i wish i knew as much as you about fixing this stuff

PantsInMyFizz

10-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
WARNING: This bug can manifest if you have a case-sensitive filesystem. We currently have no plans to support a case-senstive filesystem but you can create a case-insenstive virtual drive or partition on your Mac to still enjoy League of Legends!

Can someone experiencing this problem do the following for me?

Right-Click on League of Legends.app and "Show Pacakage Contents".
Naviagate to Contents/LOL/RADS
Delete the folder titled solutions
Navigate to the projects directory.
Delete the folders titled lol_air_client, lol_air_client_config, lol_game_client, lol_game_client_en_us (basically delete everything in /projects except for lol_launcher!)

Open a new finder window and go back to /Applications. Right-click on the League Of Legends.app again but this time select "Compress League Of Legends.app".

This will create League Of Legends.zip. Upload this in the post if possible or post a link to the zip on an upload site such as https://mega.co.nz/

This will hopefully give us a broken install that we can tinker with to get to the exact root cause of this error. Thank you for your time and sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.
It doesn't allow me to show package...

best cheetoh NA

10-01-2013

riot please find a way to fix this problem i love playing league of legends and im worried i wont be able to play anymore. If there is anything i can do to help this bug or whatever it is tell me. this is prety weird im not sure if its the update or just sumthing that alot of us players are having trouble with. thank you

Shweky

10-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faktjoman View Post
I'm having this exact same problem as Shnel. I'm currently running the Boompje client which works, so i can still play, but the Riot official client will bounce twice and then close. What's going on here?
How the hell did you make it work ? xD (Boompje's client)

l MikeY38215 l

11-04-2013

This has happened to me twice. I've tried everyone's walkthroughs.. They haven't worked for me. I end up having to re-install every time. It happens when I try to log into League of Legends when i'm not connected to the internet. Quite frustrating :\

Killstro101

12-21-2013

i did what you said exactly then after that it turned into some weird icon with an X through it.

Eniwoh

01-29-2014

yo

Rexdarkbolt

06-10-2014

I can't see the Icon because I have a crappy com.... what should I do then?