The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

06-09-2013
17 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheogorath View Post
It also sounds incredibly overpowered, just sayin'. I mean, it's like... two lasers in one. I can literally oneshot ALL the squishies with a double laser.
Oh it will have to deal reduced damage if a target gets hit twice The number I was going to try out was 50% if the target had already been hit with Dray

AntiSkillshot

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Alright, seems like the idea passes the laugh test, will be trying it out. After all it's not like the previous iteration is going anywhere!
The only time people would laugh at a red is when the red actually makes a joke or when it's a troll.

Sheogorath

06-09-2013

Quote:
Oh it will have to deal reduced damage if a target gets hit twice The number I was going to try out was 50% if the target had already been hit with Dray
Oh, trust me. I can one shot a squishy even if it hits for 50% of the damage on the way back. 800 AP is no laughing matter.

Rauron

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xareidan View Post
The only time people would laugh at a red is when the red actually makes a joke or when it's a troll.
A-ha! You made funny! I laugh.

Sheogorath

06-09-2013

I absolutely do not mean to pressure you, but some details regarding how long iterating this idea should take would be awesome. Like... before 2014? 1 month? 2 Months? No need to be extremely precise, just a very rough estimate will be fine. Don't worry, we won't complain if you take longer than your estimate, it's not a deadline :P

Mariachi Duck

06-09-2013

I don't get why the previous iteration can't be done with simply a less-elegant programming mechanism. What stops you from doing the following?:

Tier 0: Hex Core

Tier 1: 1000 gp
Augment: Death
Augment: Gravity
Augment: Power

Tier 2 (Gravity): 1000 gp
Augment: Gravity Death*
Augment: Gravity Power**

Tier 3 (Gravity Death): 1000 gp
Augment: Gravity Death Power

Tier 3 (Gravity Power): 1000 gp
Augment: Gravity Power Death

Tier 2 (Death): 1000 gp
Augment: Death Gravity
Augment: Death Power

Tier 3 (Death Gravity): 1000 gp
Augment: Death Gravity Power

Etc. etc. While this increases the number of items from 7 to 15, it does exactly what you want it to do with the current tech. It's a bit clunky, but it would give Viktor players the chance to test the play experience you had in mind before the tech rolls out to make it more cohesive and intuitive visually/interface-wise.

AntiSkillshot

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauron View Post
a-ha! You made funny! I laugh.
ಠ_ಠ

Super Explosion

06-09-2013

Quote:
Alright, seems like the idea passes the laugh test, will be trying it out. After all it's not like the previous iteration is going anywhere!
My concern is that it will be playable, but not 'fantastic'.

The additional skill effects like a retracing laser are more noticeable and differentiating--

But pre-existing item effects like Rylai's and Lichbane usually aren't. There's already an item for everyone that does it, 'cheapening' the mechanic somewhat.

This was an issue with Old Sejuani-- sure, you could play her, or you could play Lee Sin and build a Phage, or Amumu and build a Rylai's. (Not much of a stretch for those champions to do, too.)

It needs to be set up so that Viktor isn't a case of "or I could play Annie and build Rylai's".

Allocir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2013

Can the death augment (or the retune in general) please please PLEASE increase his laser speed? I'm so tired of having people outrun the laser that I shoot at them.

Nilous7

06-09-2013

Would it be possible to just include all of the recipes in duplicate, instead of making a bandaid fix, and then making another fix on top of that?