Super high ping after latest patch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

06-05-2013

There is a high ping issue currently affecting all users, and its being investigated. The original issue predates this by several days, so I'm inclined to believe they're separate.

wrath0r

06-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataslave View Post
There is a high ping issue currently affecting all users, and its being investigated. The original issue predates this by several days, so I'm inclined to believe they're separate.
I'm inclined to agree. I noticed they asked for net logs in that thread. Would that be something of value in this thread as well?

My gut says that the issue we are experiencing here is a manifestation of the custom item sets problem. I have this crackpot theory that the Mac client has a weird bug in which it doesn't know how to react to the custom item sets being disabled and that the ping problem will go away when custom item sets are reenabled.

wrath0r

06-07-2013

Hey, Dataslave, do you by any chance know if anyone is at least looking into this at all? Just curious if it's been acknowledged as a bug or if it's still in a data gathering state.

wrath0r

06-10-2013

New patch notes, still not a peep about this. This is really becoming awful customer service, guys. Nobody at Riot has even acknowledged this bug exists, let alone made any moves to correct the problem. As a customer - and, since I've payed for skins and boosts I am a customer, I expect more communication. Something as simple as, "We're looking into this issue," would have lasted me a long time. But now? Now I'm thinking about taking my ball and going home permanently. We will see if this is fixed in this patch with no mention. If not, drastic decisions may be made.

wrath0r

06-12-2013

Guys! GUYS! I just played one and not a single ping spike to be had! Could it be that my crackpot theory about our problems going away when item sets came back turned out to be right? Whatever it is, I'm psyched. But a loud message to Riot: I really wish you guys would have just said, "Hey, we know, and we're working on it." Really would have gone a long way to keeping us from getting restless.

Really Lucky

06-12-2013

Same problem, still lagging after repair

wrath0r

06-13-2013

And then you patched again today and broke it. Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and play a game that frustrates me with its content instead of its programming. Good luck, everyone else!

TrueCarry ByWong

06-18-2013

heello since the latest patch my ping went from 60 to 1450??? I don't know why

Soul Armor

06-20-2013

Latest Aatrox patch has destroyed my gameplay experience. Ping is consistently running around 325-350 on my Mac.

wrath0r

06-27-2013

I can't help but express my disgust that not only has this still not been acknowledge but this thread got passed over by the Riot rep who recently replied to so many others. I have not played since my last post, and I actually uninstalled, but I've been really looking forward to getting back into the game.

Can we at least get an acknowledgement that Riot has no intention of addressing this? At least then I could move on.