Riot Games Presents: Battle Training

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 46
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

11-03-2010
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Summoners!

Those of you who began your MOBA careers with League of Legends can attest to the challenge of getting your feet wet in a competitive environment. With this in mind, allow us to present the latest innovation in rookie summoner education: Battle Training.

Battle Training will provide a middle ground between the League of Legends tutorial and a live game against other players. Here, newcomers will be able to play out their first game of League of Legends against bots on Summoner's Rift. Over the course of the game, they will be presented with dynamic tips that address their specific mistakes, along with primary and secondary quests that guide them through the major objectives on the map.

By easing new players into the matchmaking queue more gradually and providing them with the savvy they need to contribute successfully when a team is depending on them, we can produce new players of a higher caliber. In our careers as Summoners in the League, we’ve all learned that better players make for a better gameplay experience for everyone.

Battle Training is only the first step. The new systems developed for Battle Training have the potential to serve as a foundation for exciting new content in the future. There's still a long road ahead of us, but thanks to Battle Training, the horizon just got a little closer.

RitualFamine

11-03-2010

Lol@ "Malphite Yi" bot.

If you break his rock shell, does he turn into Master Yi?

Solaxee

11-03-2010

I hope that it will improve player's level Xd

8mYzEWJRkIIM2gRT

11-03-2010

I wish I had this when I started...

VinceXVega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2010

Nice, this should help!

GraveyardShift

11-03-2010

Will the bots come fully equipped with /all chat raging abilities?

Volpes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2010

Great job. New players definitely need more to get adjusted than just the tutorial.

JasonDerulooo

11-03-2010

Finally my friends won't rage quit because they totally suck at their first game .... I hope

Legacy Light

11-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitualFamine View Post
Lol@ "Malphite Yi" bot.

If you break his rock shell, does he turn into Master Yi?
isnt it written MASTERYi?

Take iit Ez

11-03-2010

So when can we use practice/custom games to practice alone? Will Battle Training allow people to experiment alone, or must we tolerate the annoying new-player tips?

Honestly, the lack of a single-player practice mode is unacceptable. If you're worried about server load, make an offline component for experimentation. We should be able to explore and experiment, alone or with bots, on any map.

1234511 ... 46