Super high ping after latest patch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr ranga 17

05-27-2013

I'm also getting this problem. Usually play at around 80-120 ping.. but now im experiencing 800< usually 1000< . Not sure what is wrong but its been like this for the about 4 or so days now.

krrizis

05-31-2013

Same issues as the original poster. I'm from Australia and using the Mac client. On average, I usually should be on 200~300 pings but of late, my pings have spiked up to 600 which makes this unplayable. My boyfriend who uses the same Internet with me plays on our usual 200~300 ping on his PC. May I ask if this is just a Mac related issue? Or a server problem?

Dataslave

Adjudicator

05-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrizis View Post
Same issues as the original poster. I'm from Australia and using the Mac client. On average, I usually should be on 200~300 pings but of late, my pings have spiked up to 600 which makes this unplayable. My boyfriend who uses the same Internet with me plays on our usual 200~300 ping on his PC. May I ask if this is just a Mac related issue? Or a server problem?
Personally I've been solid at the same ping I've had since the launch of the client, around 20.

I'm not sure what to make of these reports of ping increasing with a new patch. The original issue was 4 weeks ago, and there have been multiple patches since then, and only 7 people have reported issues with higher than usual ping over this timespan.

I'm inclined to believe its unrelated to LoL, and just a network issue for specific users.

Jacked and Tan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2013

I've been having similar problems with my character not moving when everyone else continues normally, and frequent random disconnects for about 10-20 seconds. This has only begun a few days ago (after the recent mac bug notified on home screen was fixed). I have tried resetting my modem/router, alternating hardwiring/ using wifi, reinstalling the client, and repairing my client. Here are my logs from 3 games after my most recent repair today.

Specs:

macbook pro 10.7.5
2.3 GHz intel core i5
4 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 mem

Attached Files
File Type: txt 2013-05-31T15-01-58_r3dlog.txt (90.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: txt 2013-05-31T15-41-07_r3dlog.txt (91.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: txt 2013-05-31T17-21-33_r3dlog.txt (81.5 KB, 21 views)

wrath0r

05-31-2013

I have been experiencing some pretty major lag spikes during games ever since the patch as well. I recently started using CrashPlan for backups, but I've been pausing it during games so I don't think that's the issue. Still, I installed some system monitors to watch for spikes.

System Info:
Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB
Software OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

I'm also attaching a log from my last game since the problem occurred several times.

Any help you can provide is very much appreciated!

Side note: Why aren't these logs under ~/Library?

Attached Files
File Type: txt 2013-05-31T19-23-41_r3dlog.txt (78.0 KB, 9 views)

wrath0r

06-01-2013

I watched MagicanPaster on my second monitor through my last game and I saw a pattern: every time I hit a big lag spike corresponded with a spike in disk write (read was still low). This peaked around 350KB/s write, which really isn't that much but I also don't have a super low polling time so it's possible it peaked higher. Anyway, a disk I/O bottleneck definitely fits with sudden lag. Reminds me of what I see with garbage collection on java web apps.

Of course this could be nothing, but seemed worth mentioning. I hope it helps! Attaching the log from my last game.

Attached Files
File Type: txt 2013-06-01T12-40-30_r3dlog.txt (77.9 KB, 18 views)

wrath0r

06-01-2013

The code tag doesn't seem to work for me on this forum, so take a look at line 207 of my log. Kind of interesting. There are actually a lot of errors in there. I wonder if I need to reinstall my client?

Dataslave

Adjudicator

06-01-2013

Couldn't hurt, but you may want to try a repair first.

wrath0r

06-01-2013

I noticed more of the same I/O spikes during the unresponsiveness during another game. I just ran a repair. It took about five minutes, which seems pretty quick. Is there a log somewhere to tell me whether it did anything? I'm going to try another game and will report back.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

06-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath0r View Post
I noticed more of the same I/O spikes during the unresponsiveness during another game. I just ran a repair. It took about five minutes, which seems pretty quick. Is there a log somewhere to tell me whether it did anything? I'm going to try another game and will report back.
rads_user_kernel.log