Long Summoning times in Beta

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sonatio

05-20-2013

Is anyone else experiencing extremely long loading times when using the beta? It's so long that it is faster to reboot into my bootcamp partition and play on the pc client than wait through one summoning on the mac client. I tried to check through the forum but I didn't see anyone with similar issues.

Mac Specs:
Model: 13-inch Mid 2009
Processor 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Software OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

Mirror

05-21-2013

Yeah, the Mac client is slower to load.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

05-21-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Interesting. My Mac actually loads faster than my PC.
What are you comparing it to when you say it loads slower?

Sonatio

05-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBrentmeister View Post
Interesting. My Mac actually loads faster than my PC.
What are you comparing it to when you say it loads slower?
I'm comparing it to the load time on my bootcamped Windows 7 partition.

Mirror

05-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonatio View Post
I'm comparing it to the load time on my bootcamped Windows 7 partition.
Ditto.

ChlorrOfTheMask

05-22-2013

I have noticed this too. What I see is the client looks like it freezes at several points in the loading phase.

Example:
Game client loads up, my summoner portrait pops up, and maybe 2 others, then it freezes, then un freezes and more pop up my game looks like it is loading fast, then it freezes and keeps doing that.

It is much slower than my windows 7 version and than boompjes version was back in the day.

Mirror

05-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChlorrOfTheMask View Post
I have noticed this too. What I see is the client looks like it freezes at several points in the loading phase.

Example:
Game client loads up, my summoner portrait pops up, and maybe 2 others, then it freezes, then un freezes and more pop up my game looks like it is loading fast, then it freezes and keeps doing that.

It is much slower than my windows 7 version and than boompjes version was back in the day.
Yeah, there seem to be specific points (0%, 16%, 50ish, 82%) that hang for a bit. You can tell by trying to Command-Tab out of the loading screen - it'll hold you in the screen until it clears one of these points.

Mike4Real

06-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
Yeah, there seem to be specific points (0%, 16%, 50ish, 82%) that hang for a bit. You can tell by trying to Command-Tab out of the loading screen - it'll hold you in the screen until it clears one of these points.
Yup, my client hangs on certain percentages, then everything happens quickly. I wonder why that is...

Mirror

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4Real View Post
Yup, my client hangs on certain percentages, then everything happens quickly. I wonder why that is...
It's not unusual for games to have specific points during the loading process that are more intensive than others (because it's building different things at different times), but it's far more stuttery and, yes, slower than when the same exact computer is running League on Win7.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

06-11-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

There is some work in progress that will help address this problem. Unfortunately, it will be a while before it's ready for release and currently doesn't have a date. Sorry that I couldn't be more vague. Although to be fair I play on my Mac frequently and I am never the last person to load so it hasn't really bothered me.