IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sideshow Rob

04-30-2013

I think a ban is the wrong way to punish people. If they are just negative in chat, why not just remove the chat for the person.

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2013

Necro!

Endertome

04-30-2013

Wow, haven't seen this thread in a while.

VanceStubbs

04-30-2013

Why is this back all the goddamn time?

He's an extreme *******, he got extreme perma'd.

Case closed.

Torcida1911

04-30-2013

He has made a positive turnaround so far

GotKrack

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceStubbs View Post
Why is this back all the goddamn time?

He's an extreme *******, he got extreme perma'd.

Case closed.
He's in a tournament right now lol.

VanceStubbs

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotKrack View Post
He's in a tournament right now lol.
And if his team gets promoted they will have to kick him out lol.

Agility

04-30-2013

As a beta player, I used to play with IWillDominate all the time back in the day.

The guy was a major ******bag. My friends and I all remembered him for his poor attitude years ago.

Pequeño Timmy

05-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Hi Summoners,

Today I’ve got some tough news to share with you. We take sportsmanship and player behavior very seriously, and we fundamentally believe that pro players should not be exempt from scrutiny over their behavior. In fact, we believe pros have an additional opportunity to act as positive role models for the entire community.

The decision to impact someone’s career is not one we make lightly, which is why this is tough news to deliver. Unfortunately, our Tribunal recently was forced to permanently ban a pro player as a response to his persistent toxic behavior, and after closely reviewing the individual’s case and history, the Riot eSports team has issued a ruling that follows this post.

We fully understand that there are other pro players who behave poorly from time to time, and we do not condone any unsportsmanlike behavior. It’s important to note how severe and consistent the behavior of this particular individual was, as is outlined in the ruling. No other professional players in NA approach this individual’s harassment score – that said, we monitor all pro player behavior actively and we will continue to make that clear to all pro teams, and will take necessary action should any other players demonstrate unacceptable behavior in the future.

Promoting good sportsmanship and improving player behavior is a mission that’s extremely important to Riot, and this ruling is a reflection of our commitment.
I don't want to sound like one of those people that are scared of their own shadow in real life but act all badass when online, but come on, really? Banning a pro player for toxic behavior? That's just insane. I know he was allowed to get back into the game, but it still shows that crybabies get more hugs than people that keep to themselves. If I was playing top and my carry flamed me all game for being a noob, I would agree with him as long as he is winning us the game. The only part of the "sportsmanlike" behavior that should be punishable is the "sport" one. People should be banned for trolling (not breaking the meta, but actually trolling), feeding intentionally, ragequitting and AFKing. Is the attitude really more important than the game? If it is, you should be ashamed, Riot. Just look at DotA. In the old days, the people that raged the less were still far more toxic than IWillDominate. Did anybody die? No. What did happen was that we, the people that actually commited to the game grew a thicker skin, and the people that couldn't stand the abuse either played with bots, friends, or left the game. Did that stop the game from becoming the most played one in the world at the time? No. Then, why would that stop THIS one from being the most played one in the world? If people flame at me, I don't answer back, and if I do, I bring logical points to the conversation. I don't report flamers. I report AFKers, ragequitters, trolls and feeders. Not people that play worse than me, or play better than me and don't mind reminding me of that once a minute.

As my philosophy teacher in High School told us "From my point of view, if you ARE actually better at something than some person, you have all the right to rub that in their face"

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequeño Timmy View Post
I don't want to sound like one of those people that are scared of their own shadow in real life but act all badass when online, but come on, really? Banning a pro player for toxic behavior? That's just insane. I know he was allowed to get back into the game, but it still shows that crybabies get more hugs than people that keep to themselves. If I was playing top and my carry flamed me all game for being a noob, I would agree with him as long as he is winning us the game. The only part of the "sportsmanlike" behavior that should be punishable is the "sport" one. People should be banned for trolling (not breaking the meta, but actually trolling), feeding intentionally, ragequitting and AFKing. Is the attitude really more important than the game? If it is, you should be ashamed, Riot. Just look at DotA. In the old days, the people that raged the less were still far more toxic than IWillDominate. Did anybody die? No. What did happen was that we, the people that actually commited to the game grew a thicker skin, and the people that couldn't stand the abuse either played with bots, friends, or left the game. Did that stop the game from becoming the most played one in the world at the time? No. Then, why would that stop THIS one from being the most played one in the world? If people flame at me, I don't answer back, and if I do, I bring logical points to the conversation. I don't report flamers. I report AFKers, ragequitters, trolls and feeders. Not people that play worse than me, or play better than me and don't mind reminding me of that once a minute.

As my philosophy teacher in High School told us "From my point of view, if you ARE actually better at something than some person, you have all the right to rub that in their face"

DotA has never been the most played game in the world, I have no idea what you are talking about.