Mac client unable to launch/start games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buster Hymenn

05-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataslave View Post
This only affects the PBE client, but thanks for the heads up
This is on live, too.

Baxter900

05-25-2013

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-05-25 at 5.48.18 PM.png
Views:	102
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	692393
Regular server, sorry dataslave, but your wrong in this case.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

05-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubberrducky View Post
This is on live, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter900 View Post
Attachment 692393
Regular server, sorry dataslave, but your wrong in this case.
While I appreciate your zealousness, you guys really need to check the timestamps before resurrecting ancient and unrelated threads to address new issues.

The issue the original poster is talking about is from three weeks ago, only affected the PBE client, and had different symptoms than today's issues.

Today's issue cropped up around 5 hours ago, was identified as a mac only issue within an hour, and a fix was implemented 2 hours after that. As of two hours ago, the issue has been fixed.

Macmee

05-26-2013

Quote:
While I appreciate your zealousness, you guys really need to check the timestamps before resurrecting ancient and unrelated threads to address new issues.

The issue the original poster is talking about is from three weeks ago, only affected the PBE client, and had different symptoms than today's issues.

Today's issue cropped up around 5 hours ago, was identified as a mac only issue within an hour, and a fix was implemented 2 hours after that. As of two hours ago, the issue has been fixed.
And yet over one hundred Mac users are angry at Riot for causing rank losses, leave games and in some circumstances account bans because Riot developers didn't test updates on OS X properly before pushing them out. There should be a rollback or a reimbursement, it's not our fault your paid employees cannot properly do their jobs.

Zevalent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macmee View Post
And yet over one hundred Mac users are angry at Riot for causing rank losses, leave games and in some circumstances account bans because Riot developers didn't test updates on OS X properly before pushing them out. There should be a rollback or a reimbursement, it's not our fault your paid employees cannot properly do their jobs.
That is an issue, but doesn't change the fact that you're still posting in a thread about an entirely separate issue.

Macmee

05-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevalent View Post
That is an issue, but doesn't change the fact that you're still posting in a thread about an entirely separate issue.
I would reply in the thread with over 100 replies but Riot staff aren't actively engaged in that thread

Dataslave

Adjudicator

05-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macmee View Post
I would reply in the thread with over 100 replies but Riot staff aren't actively engaged in that thread
And you're under the impression that you're going to get more attention by bumping a 3 week old thread, started by someone in the wrong department, regarding an unrelated issue?

If you're determined to vent on a red flagged post, your best bet is to use the Dev Tracker, which will help you quickly find the thread that addresses your concerns, though perhaps not with the result you were hoping for.

Macmee

05-26-2013

Quote:
And you're under the impression that you're going to get more attention by bumping a 3 week old thread, started by someone in the wrong department, regarding an unrelated issue?

If you're determined to vent on a red flagged post, your best bet is to use the Dev Tracker, which will help you quickly find the thread that addresses your concerns, though perhaps not with the result you were hoping for.
I didn't bump the thread, someone else did that for me