Got banned because I couldn't reconnect

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rinosaurous123

Recruiter

05-25-2013

So today i was playing with my friend, and he invited me to a game, and I could not connect. I tried reconnecting after 5 minutes of waiting. That didn't work. Then I restarted my cpu, still didn't work. The match ended and I got banned for 7 more days. Anyone else have the same problem?

Paradrakor

05-25-2013

If after a day from the time which it is patched, I would send a support ticket and/or email them (im not very familiar with this)

Mirror

05-25-2013

If you got banned for 7 days, you were already leaving a lot of games.

sigkill

05-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinosaurous123 View Post
So today i was playing with my friend, and he invited me to a game, and I could not connect. I tried reconnecting after 5 minutes of waiting. That didn't work. Then I restarted my cpu, still didn't work. The match ended and I got banned for 7 more days. Anyone else have the same problem?
Exact same issue here, ridiculous

sigkill

05-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
If you got banned for 7 days, you were already leaving a lot of games.
I hate people like you

Viinushka

05-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradrakor View Post
If after a day from the time which it is patched, I would send a support ticket and/or email them (im not very familiar with this)
Riot's support ticket is a joke, you'll get nothing more than ctrl+v answers.

Whopperfury

05-27-2013

Yep, same thing just happened to me. Well guess I will be waiting until tomorrow to play. So sad.

GundayMonday

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2013

Just got my little brother to start playing LoL. He has the mac client. The game keeps booting him and then not letting him connect. He just got banned for a day even though he tries to reconnect for 20 mins every time it happens. Looks like a Riot issue since his internet is fine. +1 to look into this Riot!

SelfishCoward

05-28-2013

I am GundayMonday's brother, recently started playing LoL and was given 1 day ban for "quitting" due to disconnect issues. This has probably happened 3 or 5 times out of the 20-30 games I've played so far. Usually I get into a game and at a random time during the game I go into an infinite "Trying to Reconnect" screen. I can still view the entire map and hear the music, but otherwise I have no power to control my character and everything on the map is frozen. Usually I try to wait it out just in case it reconnects, but I haven't ever had a game reconnect within a reasonable amount of time yet; so I exit the game and then try to reconnect to get back into it. Sometimes I have been able to reconnect and pick up where I left off and other times I am unable. I have checked to confirm that my internet still works for everything else on my computer (and I have a good connection, green ping, etc.), so I'm left wondering why I can't stay connected to ALL games and also if there's anything I can do to avoid getting unjustified suspensions in the future. Any help is appreciated!

As a side note--this may be a noob question, but if I disconnect and I'm able to reconnect to a game and finish it out, does this still count against me from the automated Leaver Buster system? I got my ban notice immediately after finishing a game where this happened, which struck me as odd since I was able to get back in and finish it out. Thanks.