AP Sion Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mike1977

12-09-2009

Role: Solo Mid (carrier)

Spec: 21-0-9

Spells: Smite (improved)/Teleport

Runes: All AP over time + 3 gold per 10sec

Items (in order):
-3 Lucky Picks
-Sorcerer Boots
-Lich Bane
-Z's Ring
-Arch Staff's (3 to replaced rings)

Getting gold is my top priority, with 4 gold per 10sec (3 from runes, and 1 from utility tree), +15 per 10sec from lucky picks, and the +5 from smite.

I'll solo mid, get levels fast, and gank top/bottom. Most of my games have me with 10-25 kills, and 2-5 deaths. I really like the build, but I run into a few problems due to its slow start with the picks.

If my teamates cannot hold their lane, thereby losing a tower early (before I get boots <3400$ into my item build>), I find myself in an uphill fight to carry. This is due to additional traffic passing through mid, and due to the fact that if they dropped a tower, they probably fed the opponents to, Which means my level advantage is gone.

A second issue is mana... I port constantly back to the base early on... I can do 3-4 bombs then I am outa mana...

So this has made me start to thinka bout changing my build to something a little faster...

I have a few ideas but I would like to know what you guys might have to suggest.

ty

PineappleThis

12-09-2009

I personally don't play AP Sion, but I do have a few things to add.

3 Picks is definitely a waste of money. It only adds 5 ap from the tome you originally purchased. I would get one and eventually turn it into a deathfire grasp. As an AP burster you want deathfire grasp. And like you said you don't contribute as much to the team game. Your building specifically for late late game cause thats when you make all your money back, and you have no guarantee the games going to last that long. If you really want gold I would at least try the other gold items, philosophers stone/heart of gold. They are much more beneficial than pick. Or if you want all the early ap go for blasting wands and then eventually build them up into your items.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

Let me help you out. I've played a good deal of AP Sion, and I'll let you know everything that you'll ever need for the champion. Infact, you're inspiring me to write a guide, but I'll give you the short and sweet version.

Always take Teleport/Flash. The Flash change actually buffed AP Sion, because with half the recharge time, you can be using Flash a lot more offensively. Works great with the shield. Bonus points if you spec flash.

As far as items go:

Meki Pendant + 2 Heal Potions
Chalice of Harmony
Boots
Lucky Pick
Deathfire Grasp
Void Staff
Zhonya's

* AP Sion with just Chalice of Harmony is really dangerous. Sion is one of those champions who's just plain old good with no items. Only issue is, he burns through his mana fast. I've gotten plenty of kills on AP Sion with no actual AP.

* Deathfire Grasp itemizes better with AP Sion then just about any other champion. Abuse this. Master the item. It will get you kills.

* Void Staff is also a must. The majority of your damage will be magic damage, there's no reason you shouldn't toss some magic penetration on there for the hell of it.

* Zhonya's will make your transition into late game much more smoothly.

* Only get one Lucky Pick. You need one for Deathfire Grasp.

* Never get stun first. Either go Death's Caress or Enrage. You need them both as fast as possible so you can farm HP. AP Sion is all about farming HP.

* Not mid solo reliant.

Quikdeth

12-09-2009

Sapphire crystal to start -> sheen -> regular boots -> deathfire grasp -> sorc boots -> lich bane -> z. ring

game is usually over after

Sheen is so absolutely necessary early game because of your rotation with AP sion. If you bubble, melee swing (Double Dmg), stun, melee swing(double dmg), then pop bubble you are looking at an INSANE amount of burst damage.

Also to note, Deathfire Grasp adds to an AWESOME opener with your rotation adding even more burst damage. At end game there are very,very,very few opponents that will ever survive your rotation.

DFG also adds to your mana regen and z. ring adds a massive boost to Sions terrible mana pool.

ZGBudai

12-09-2009

The Senate, I love your feedback on champions. Please make an AP Sion guide

Mike1977

12-09-2009

ty for the feedback guys...

The Senate: I'm a little wary of AP Sion builds without Lich Bane.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

Hey, that's no problem, I can see why. Just switch Zhonya's out for it.

Trust me though, I've have a lot of experience with my stated build, and it's one of the best ways you could play AP Sion. He certainly does NOT need Sheen to increase his damage, it's just an option to.

Rudeboymike

12-09-2009

I've been playing a mean AP sion as of late. Well, since im buggy with fiddlesticks that leads to server crashes. until they fix him, AP sion it is. This is my current build

Sapphire Crystal + Mana Pot
Catalyst
Boots of Switfness
Rod of Ages
Mejai's Soulstealer (if a good game, if not...)
Sheen
Void Staff
Lichbane
Zhonya's Ring
Guardian Angel (if it gets this far)

Runes:
Red: Mp5
Yellow: Mp5
Blue: AP
Purple: Mp5

Masteries
9/0/21

The reason i use Mp5 runes is to let to my laning partner get Golem. I also don't build Lichbane until later, where my AP is higher than my base physical dmg.

Mike1977

12-10-2009

Yeah I got my item build fixed I think...

I get 1 less pick and take Tear of the Goddess first.

This completely fixes all my mana issues, and I'm only loosing out on 25ap early game. Not to mention Tear of the Goddess is used to get Arch Staff's later on.

-Tear of the Goddess
-2 Lucky Picks
-Sorcerer Boots
-Lich Bane
-Z's Ring
-Arch Staff's (3 to replace tear and picks)

Rudeboymike

12-10-2009

Why do you get lucky picks? Sion is one of the best farmers in the game.

Also a lichbane that early? It hardly is worth the benefit since Sheen does about the same damage.

Lastly, i think Mp5 Runes or Golem are far more worthwhile than Tear of the Goddess -> Archangel Staff. you only need Mana early game. late game its fine to go without, and easy to kill Golem. Thats just overkill on Mp5