[Quinn] Vault Needs Work, so does Valor Form

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyrgos

05-19-2013

Closed.

Eyrgos

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripyGuy5 View Post
Another point is that her blind lasts for about half a second, making it just pointless because the enemy will miss 1 basic attack early game and when you need kills early for gold, the blind wont help, I dont want it to last like teemos, but make it long enough to have a effect worth engaging on.
It lasts for 1.5 seconds, but yeah--it can feel like it goes by rather quickly or that it can be inconsequential... especially considering the majority of the RADC's have something to cast (or two) during blind which can totally negate it's usefulness... e.g. Quinn blinds, Ms. Fortune responds with E>Q>R.

Maybe it would be good to have it increase to 2 seconds by level 4, even if that meant it went from 1.25/1.5/1.75/2.00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Hat View Post
Quinn is really strong, she would get brutally nerfed if she were to get something like this. just wait shes gona end up in pro LoL big time
I highly doubt it.

Pro players would:

1) know how to CC her ultimate or not get caught out by it (also have proper vision to be preemptive or to see it coming & act accordingly)
2) know how to punish/manipulate her short-range
3) know how to cast through her blind, effectively negating it
4) know how to gimp vault (very easy)

As well, I don't believe these types of changes really merit nerfs, spare perhaps one...

The only nerf I could foresee is a slight reduction in the passive AS-bonus in Valor Form as compensation (which I consider acceptable/agreeable), but I see that occurring independent of these changes anyway as her tower-zerging ability is too great with it as-is (imo).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirriaBoy03 View Post
lol valor actually very good where it is, but instead of glass cannon quinn, just tank her a little just for survivability (as for me, i build bruiser quinn to have full use of valor )
EDIT: pick items like frozen mallet and black cleaver.
I think the same, but her having to compensate by making herself into a bruiser is exactly what's gimping her DPS & minimizing her usefulness (or making her 'uncompetitive', in a sense)

Valor form is good, however I feel it needs very minor usefulness in a team-fight context (because IMO this' where Quinn suffers or is primarily lacking)...

I build bruiser Quinn to grant myself some added personal peel & chase, but it does significantly hinder her ability to DPS, especially when her range is already so short.

Eyrgos

05-19-2013

{Saved for Space 2}

AlkarlDeath

05-19-2013

5) Grant Valor Form "Ghost Effect" (no unit collision)

phantom dancer

Eyrgos

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlkarlDeath View Post
5) Grant Valor Form "Ghost Effect" (no unit collision)

phantom dancer
Yeah, you could buy it or you could rather have more options for yourself by not having to buy it to have this effect you know.

This one would just make a nice passive bonus that would let you "fly" over the enemy front-line to attempt to strike down their back-line with that Fizz on your team... without requiring you to buy PD to do so.

Fits thematically too.

TripyGuy5

05-20-2013

I agree, I used to like playing Quinn but I found her to be weak in her current state, she has so much potential. I think another factor in this is that Riot released her as a balanced or what the though was balanced and not OP like every other champion that first gets released.

If she gets worked on she will definitely become a better ADC choice.

Gargle Them Plz

05-20-2013

I like number 6 but I love Quinn as is and don't want to risk an over buff followed by an over nerf

EDIT: number 4 is already in place

Berivik

05-20-2013

One thing I'd like to see is her cooldowns reduced by 50% (numbers can change) of the total cooldown when she changes into valor form. You can't instantly do another rotation of spells but when you ult in a fight you don't have to wait as long on cooldowns to be useful.

Eyrgos

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripyGuy5 View Post
I agree, I used to like playing Quinn but I found her to be weak in her current state, she has so much potential. I think another factor in this is that Riot released her as a balanced or what the though was balanced and not OP like every other champion that first gets released.

If she gets worked on she will definitely become a better ADC choice.
I think these three things would put her in the perfect spot to be competitive but not OP:

1) QoL changes for Vault,
2) Minor team-fight usability for her ultimate ("ghost effect" &/or tenacity/reduced slowing)
3) Moving the harrier-proc passive onto her Q instead of Vault (as it is, Vault is far too easy to gimp/punish & Quinn is so dependent on it to optimize her burst that her dps suffers greatly in team-fight contexts since she can't safely Vault)

#1 would fix a lot of finicky suicides
#2 would let her do more in a team-fight than peck away to no avail at that enemy Nasus or Garen (or be ran off)
#3 would allow her to properly dps in a team-fight setting period

(as currently, her damage is balanced around double-tapping harrier strikes using vault & since Quinn has to refrain from Vaulting so often, her net match-dps is about 30% below any other ADC's in my experience...)

Pippin254

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post

1) Give Vault untargettable frames on front-half (like Playful Trickster)
Honestly, I think I would rather see the untargetable frames after Quinn leaps off her target. However, the untargetable should kick in right as she makes contact, so that things like Singed's Fling and Volibears' toss don't throw her. That way peopel have a means of pushing her back when initiating (similar to how a well timed Thresh Flay can stop a flying Lee Sin), while giving her safety on the retreat (which, if used defensively, should be how Vault should work.)

Thoughts on this?