pick order over calls, why doesn't riot post the rule in game so ppl can stop callin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dervux

05-19-2013

I'm fine with people calling, but the pick order is the final say.

I had a game just now where I was first pick. I picked mid, even though someone else called it first. He then decides to go mid anyways, and screwed us over since I was playing katarina. (Does not work as a support, by the way.)

That's what Riot is trying to prevent, but apparently dingbats like those people hasn't seen the official thread yet.

Toonetime

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriøn View Post
Ok since they only support it then why don't they clarify that THERE ARE NO RULES then. So people can stop arguing over which is correct.
You should really read the entire post before you make a thread on the issue because clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Something doesn't have to be a rule for it to be "correct". It's called ethics, principle of the matter, etc.

A lot of people don't browse the forums, so they haven't seen the side that Riot has officially taken. Why don't you send them the link in champion select and tell them this is what Riot endorses? I've already seen that method work.

Oriøn

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maahaa View Post
You should really read the entire post before you make a thread on the issue because clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Something doesn't have to be a rule for it to be "correct". It's called ethics, principle of the matter, etc.

A lot of people don't browse the forums, so they haven't seen the side that Riot has officially taken. Why don't you send them the link in champion select and tell them this is what Riot endorses? I've already seen that method work.
Oh okay you want to get into that huh? something doesn't have to be a rule to be correct? Maybe you never heard that right and wrong are subjective terms. Something that is right here may not be right in some other part of the world or even person to person. The fact that you think this way clearly says volumes about the type of people that play this game.

If a lot of people don't browse this forum then why doesn't riot POST IT THEMSELVES? instead you get a bull**** video of skins and stupid events rather than stuff that matters? post a video on these issues? make a note of it during the loading screen like they do with tips? Put it as a beginner tip? Its so basic. Do I have to have my link ready for every game I join so I can educate what, 30 million people that play this game? Or even just get ready to argue whether which is the right way to do things? Oh wait I shouldn't say that because you clearly say they only support pick order which then leads us to square one that neither calls or pick order is correct so anyone can do anything but since people in game are so confused they make there own opinions on what method is right and leads to more trouble for the whole team.

Seen this method work? Maybe you should try it on trolls and see who it fairs.

GSSB Lunaspike

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffTrooper View Post
because they do not want roles to be called in either direction, they want people to attempt to work as a team.
Is that why they won't let you report from the champion select screen too?

Or is that why you get punished for dodging a promotion when you have a guy in champion select bragging about how drunk he is and how he's going to feed.

There are so many loop holes to that "work as a team" stuff it's getting a bit silly.

Oriøn

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSSB Lunaspike View Post
Is that why they won't let you report from the champion select screen too?

Or is that why you get punished for dodging a promotion when you have a guy in champion select bragging about how drunk he is and how he's going to feed.

There are so many loop holes to that "work as a team" stuff it's getting a bit silly.
Finally someone who has a bit of sense, this is so true. Riot tries so hard to make this community better yet they don't even clearly state basis codes

redrobin3

05-20-2013

The other issue could just be that the community needs a way to report offenders outside of a game. Instead of being limited to report after a game maybe a report at select would help tons. Should make a petition and get their attention.

Oriøn

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrobin3 View Post
The other issue could just be that the community needs a way to report offenders outside of a game. Instead of being limited to report after a game maybe a report at select would help tons. Should make a petition and get their attention.
That would get rather out of hand too many reports, it would get rather an4l retentive, especially since the game hasn't started so you cannot really report them for much other than verbal abuse. I just think riot should clearly state there opinion on the matter and state it in a way that everyone can see not in the forums.