How do you guys feel about the Rune Combiner?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FallacyTL

05-18-2013

Remove tier 1, tier 2 runes and the combiner.

You guys tossed out malady with naught but a wave of your hand... and these things are even worse for the game. Wasting gold on noob trap item isn't nearly as bad for the game as wasting ip on noob trap runes... and then re-wasting them by using combiner.

Immortal Senic

05-18-2013

i am just ganna say for my smurfs i play dominion and aram and dont touch runes and only certain champs waiting to buy runes til 20.

Xilirite

05-18-2013

Completely useless, it needs to be either removed or redone, because in it's current state, it's far better to simply buy tier 3 runes.

TEENZLIKEITBIG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2013

It is terrible and should be removed for something that is actually good. Like even something that you could sell old runes for even half price would be more useful than what it is now.

Damiya

Technical Analyst

05-18-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

hey folks,
Thanks for all the passionate responses. It'll take some time for me to comb through them.

Either way, I am not a designer. Just curious if everyone had the same sorta nostalgic love for it that I do

evidently not ;P

Loliwag

05-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFoxx View Post
I've always thought that lower level runes are kind of an IP trap. I do like that there is a way to upgrade your runes, but I'd rather there just be one tier (or maybe separate tiers, but your runes "auto level up" when you hit level thresholds.)
I really like this idea -- runes "leveling up" as your summoner level does. I reiterate it here because it deserves some attention. It has its pro's and con's sure, but I think it deserves some thought.

thepr0owns

05-18-2013

It needs to build things into tier 3 and it needs consistency.

Lv1LegendaryKill

05-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
I was recently poking around the client and I noticed a little recycle button in the lower right part of my runebook.

After getting over the traumatic memories that the icon dredged up, I figured I'd wander over and see what y'all thought of it. This is an entirely unofficial inquiry...

Are any of you old enough that you remember it being The Way to get better runes?
I once gambled 3 Tier 3 mana runes and got a Tier 3 mana rune.

I have never looked at it since.

Raloosh

05-18-2013

I actually ended up forgetting about it.
I used it a few times though.
Worst idea ever.

StriderXplosive

Recruiter

05-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
hey folks,
Thanks for all the passionate responses. It'll take some time for me to comb through them.

Either way, I am not a designer. Just curious if everyone had the same sorta nostalgic love for it that I do

evidently not ;P
No nostalgic feel here bro...KILL THAT SHIET!!! LOL