Name wipes?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RageSomeMoar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2013

Will you guys make an official new thread/announcement when you have a finalized date? Hopefully the date will give us enough time to get names.

WiIl Smith

05-16-2013

oh thank god it's delayed. I forgot to play a game to reset

Riot Terablo

Systems Administrator

05-16-2013
11 of 11 Riot Posts

Hi Guys, as promised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Hi everyone,

Due to the issues with the Summoner Name Cleanse in conjunction with last night's patch (and the need to run the cleanse while the system is in planned downtime), we will have to delay the cleanse until the 3.8 patch.

We recognize that this is a disappointment to those planning to get a name on sale or people trying to get newly cleansed names, so we'll be leaving Name Changes at 50% off through the 3.7 patch and into the middle of 3.8.

-Udyr
We hope that by giving this advanced notice we give everybody a fair chance at getting a name that becomes available. Sorry if you tried last night and failed. We only identified the scope of the issue after you guys where already back in game and started reporting it here.

We have procedures in place to ensure that next time we will spot it much sooner.

Remuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Terablo View Post
Hi Guys, as promised.

We hope that by giving this advanced notice we give everybody a fair chance at getting a name that becomes available. Sorry if you tried last night and failed. We only identified the scope of the issue after you guys where already back in game and started reporting it here.

We have procedures in place to ensure that next time we will spot it much sooner.
glad to know the name change sale is extended.

Lancelot K

05-16-2013

Quote:
Hi Guys, as promised.

Question. You said name wipes didnt happen because you were afraid that it will delete legit players too right? I have one player who didnt play lol since December at the earliest and he is level 5.

I cant change my name to his, despite him being clearly inactive. Through 3.7 patch, are there really inactive players who lost their names?

Langdon

05-16-2013

So does that mean the name i requested from support will be available? It was created december 27 2012 and is still level 1 with no games played or anything. Completely abandoned.The support I contacted said it did not qualify even though the qualification was if it was created before jan 1 2013.

Fangirl

05-16-2013

Is there a date for 3.8 yet? :3

Ico

05-16-2013

Quote:
Hi Guys, as promised.

Awesome thanks for the update, hopefully 3.8 goes nice and smooth, thanks for the hard work guys.

Frosts

05-16-2013

Next patch, so that means another week... Oh well, I guess I can wait. Have fun fixing the problem Riot.

Carry Poppins

05-16-2013

Quote:
Hi Guys, as promised.

An advanced notice to stay up all night again with no reward. Mhm.