Pick Order vs. Call Order

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flamesilocks

05-16-2013

So now I have to deal with every troll ever picking whatever they want and they can do it because riot says so? Gee... thanks.

I'm pretty much always last pick and regularly get forced to support anyways. Thanks a lot Riot. Thanks for ruining the game for people who your ''pick order' already screws over anyways.

I really won't ever get out of silver now.

Perey

05-16-2013

its pretty sad you have to endorse common sense

Stormgald

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
This is not about the meta. It's about team chemistry.

How happy is your top laner going to be when you tag along in his lane?
It isn't his lane? This is the common thinking by people who can't break away from the common meta.

Quote:
What will his focus be? Playing mechanically well, observing the minimap, outplaying his lane opponent, making judicious use of his summoner spells?

Nope. He's gonna be butthurt because you're in his lane. He's going to ***** at you. You're going to have some snide comment to respond with. You're both going to be too busy typing to each other to actually play the game.
Nope I ignore him and play to win and hopefully he does the same.

Quote:
Somewhere around this point, you AD Carry will either chime in about how he's getting zoned and can't farm, or die, and then chime in about how's he's getting zoned and can't farm.

Your jungler won't know where to go - he's not going to be able to do much top, he can't really save bottom lane unless he lives down there, in which case he's no longer the jungler, and he can't be mid all game either.

Lots of **** is going to hit the fan, your team will all by *****ing at each other, and you're going to lose the game.
I've won many games with duo top. And lost many games. My point is, why play support when it's just about 100% guaranteed being reported for sucking at the role.

When I can play top with a chance to win and not be reported at all? I'd rather take the risk than to conform to the standard meta.

Munegazer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2013

In other words, if the person who picks before you says they want that role, respectfully move on and play something else. Why with all the ridiculous questions.

And RIOT, why not just mandate it and remove the gray area for the kids. Children need structure. As for the adults, their maturity will show when someone else asks for a role they want to play and they are first pick.

Bekkal

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesilocks View Post
So now I have to deal with every troll ever picking whatever they want and they can do it because riot says so? Gee... thanks.

I'm pretty much always last pick and regularly get forced to support anyways. Thanks a lot Riot. Thanks for ruining the game for people who your ''pick order' already screws over anyways.

http://www.lolking.net/search?name=Flamesilocks

You're Silver 5 and below the MMR threshold to even qualify for S5. You should be Bronze, but the system won't let you fall out of S5.

Please don't pretend that your random placement in champ select has anything to do with your ranking.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

05-16-2013
8 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
So you came to share your thoughts and generate discussion...but you come out and state "We as Riot hereby endorse Pick Order". You told us the rule, that 'this is how it is from now on till we say otherwise'. You didn't invite discussion. You made a statement.

Tell me how this is not an official stance? You state in the ORIGINAL POST...that it is your official stance...
I should probably just fix my other post, but yes, we do believe Pick Order is the best answer of the current available options in Champion Select. More importantly, we believe communication and cooperation trumps every strategy in Champion Select.

We're providing our reasons for why we believe Pick Order is the best. The question is, do players agree?

Doct0r Phil

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesilocks View Post

If you really think that this will happen every game, you are sadly mistaken.

Seeing as how you have equal opportunity for any pick placing, you already are wrong in your assessment here.

You will get out of silver when you are good enough to be a gold player.

Dotislav Pro

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormgald View Post
Yeah, but me picking support can be worse for the team and my self. Me picking support is almost a guaranteed report by atleast one person for intentional feeding or refusing to communicate.

At least when I pick duo top, I won't get reported if I do well (usually) still have the stubborn ones who must conform to the meta or life just isn't possible.
Just learn main things about supports, it is warding and protecting, stay behind play safe.
You cant except to get position you like in every game since u play with 5 random teammates every time, more positions u know to play, better scores you are going to achieve in solo q.

Stormgald

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndThePigGoesMoo View Post
Not playing by the meta isn't toxic. That's correct. Ignoring 4 other people's wishes just because you refuse to dodge and won't play the role that's left over is toxic. There is a fine line of distinction between the 2 but it is there. There are a lot of players, myself included, who are cool with trying out different things. You must communicate with us though rather than just locking in something. There will be times where you just have to suck it up and deal with it while you do the role you don't want to.

You're right I will not dodge, because Riot stuck a penalty onto dodging. Otherwise I would dodge and move onto a less abusive team.

I don't ignore the other 4 peoples request, I hear them out, and make my decision in the end on what I feel is best. I -have- chosen support before, but 99 times out of 100 I will duo top unless the team has a very good argument against it.

Sereg Anfaug

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormgald View Post
It isn't his lane? This is the common thinking by people who can't break away from the common meta.

Nope I ignore him and play to win and hopefully he does the same.

I've won many games with duo top. And lost many games. My point is, why play support when it's just about 100% guaranteed being reported for sucking at the role.

When I can play top with a chance to win and not be reported at all? I'd rather take the risk than to conform to the standard meta.
Welp, you're hopeless. I trust you get reported a lot this way, so eventually the Tribunal will take care of you.